DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    I am sorry that they are not in english but you could watch our gameplay videos to see how the MGT2E works in action with a real game within Reach 2 module (spoilers if you want to play it).

There are spanish subtitles available... and if you enable them you can choose to autotranslate to english during playback, it won't be perfect but it will help.

We have 3 Parts of our adventure uploaded here:

P1 First 21 minutes are intro to the Trojan Reach you can skip

P2 Good Combat example

P3 Dramatic Task example
    Thank you for sharing these alfarobl- I wish I could speak your language! Great visual examples. I'm in the same boat as the guys above- brand new to FGU and Traveller 2e, so I'm pretty lost trying to figure this all out. I've the hardcover books, and have a pretty solid handle on the ruleset (no actual play time as yet), and have FGU- trying to figure this puppy out.

Quote Originally Posted by greyseasunder View Post
    Thank you for sharing these alfarobl- I wish I could speak your language! Great visual examples. I'm in the same boat as the guys above- brand new to FGU and Traveller 2e, so I'm pretty lost trying to figure this all out. I've the hardcover books, and have a pretty solid handle on the ruleset (no actual play time as yet), and have FGU- trying to figure this puppy out.
    I think MBM Ruleset works pretty good. Just start with one of the premade adventures to learn how it works. Use manual rolls if needed and you can add more functionality as you go... most used functions are down the chatbox, Boom/Bane (throws 3 dice), +1 -1 mods, use different Attribute with Skill rolls and Difficulty levels. Remember to tell users to modify Options before combat and select order in which the Damage is applied END STR DEX or any other choice.

With Traveller its even more important to discuss with players what style of play they want, as this will make character career decisions easier to manage. these almost no use for 5 characters with Pilot (spacecraft), for example. Take a look at the ships in the core rulebook see what roles are needed to crew the ship, as a start to see what skills are needed. most essential skills can be obtained from different careers. The connections skills provide you with a story hook as to how the characters know each other.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

I also find it easier, at least in the early campaign stages, to keep the game centered on a handful of nearby systems. You have the opportunity to develop the systems, use the contacts/allies/enemies, build relations with patrons and expand on the locations. When the players go system, to system, to system, to system, (on and on and on), it seems to lead to a disconnect where you never have time to adequately build on anything that has come before. If they return to the same systems more frequently then you have a chance to expand on what has come before.

High & Dry (a module) in the Bowman Arm (setting book) is a great one for starting referees and players. There's not much in the way of combat but a whole lot of stuff to do, especially in the back-half of the module. While I did some minor tweaks to the module, my player's found it epic despite there being no combat at all. I did tweak it a bit and add some extra search/rescue options towards the end in addition to what was in the module and provide a vehicle option to bypass the mountain climb which just seemed to be a little to laggy.

High and Dry is a great one, gets new players used to the fact it's sci-fi but the planet is not very advanced and it also gifts them their first ship.

Mission to Mithril is another great one, I've just finished running that for my group.

I also like to keep things focused around a small area, allows myself and the player to know more and more as the game progresses and then take them out of their comfort zone and move them a few subsectors or even a full sector. I'm hoping to have the ruleset ready to test Ship Combat by the time they get to the Trojan Reach and over to Drinax. The Borderland run is good to pull them towards Drinax, and yes I've used a misjump to move them from place to place, as all astrogation rolls are secret in my game.

Even though the adventures are converted to match the book, I modify them to make them flow better with my GMing style and the play style of my players, makes for a better game.

Right, back to coding.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I am learning to build a story:
    I opened my library and in the list of Adventures on the left I noticed that the MGT2 Adventure Template differs from the Reach Adventure Theories of Everything in that the TOE adventure has fewer links/topics. Missing are: Items Spacecraft and Worlds. Which leads me to my first question:
    1) As I build my own story, do I need to be able to adjust the links/topics list?
    2) Regarding links: Is the Notes page of the Story template linked to the Notes pad (on the button list to the right side of the main page)? In my first attempt to build a Story I built it while using the notes on the right. I dragged them into the Story build thinking they were copying, vice just linking, and deleted the notes to clean up after myself when the Story was complete thus losing all my information in the story. I’d like to avoid doing that again
    3) What is the Notes pad on the right used for if not for constructing adventures? Assuming I make a few adventures, the notes pad will be filled up and become confusing, and more frustrating, if I delete items out of it they will also evaporate from my “completed” story as I discovered to my chagrin.
    4) On the same topic: Are the other Right side buttons (battles, parcels, tables, etc) linked to the same name links found in the Library’s of the contents of an adventure template? How are the buttons used?
    Thank you for your time.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvesr View Post
    I am learning to build a story:
    I opened my library and in the list of Adventures on the left I noticed that the MGT2 Adventure Template differs from the Reach Adventure Theories of Everything in that the TOE adventure has fewer links/topics. Missing are: Items Spacecraft and Worlds. Which leads me to my first question:
    1) As I build my own story, do I need to be able to adjust the links/topics list?
    2) Regarding links: Is the Notes page of the Story template linked to the Notes pad (on the button list to the right side of the main page)? In my first attempt to build a Story I built it while using the notes on the right. I dragged them into the Story build thinking they were copying, vice just linking, and deleted the notes to clean up after myself when the Story was complete thus losing all my information in the story. I’d like to avoid doing that again
    3) What is the Notes pad on the right used for if not for constructing adventures? Assuming I make a few adventures, the notes pad will be filled up and become confusing, and more frustrating, if I delete items out of it they will also evaporate from my “completed” story as I discovered to my chagrin.
    4) On the same topic: Are the other Right side buttons (battles, parcels, tables, etc) linked to the same name links found in the Library’s of the contents of an adventure template? How are the buttons used?
    Thank you for your time.
    Lee
    Hi Lee,

There's a lot of help creating adventures and understanding what right hand side buttons link to what kind of information. This isn't the right space to detail it all, but you should find what you want on the forums as help is already posted. Some other advice I would say is it connect up with 'Fantasy Ground College' and they might have a course detailing on how to build your own adventures.

I do believe this coming Friday (18th) Jen is going to create a module (Call of Cthulhu - but the basics are the same) during the 'Fantasy Grounds Friday Twitch stream'.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Does anyone know what the name of that right hand box Side buttons.PNGwith all the buttons (PC, Notes, Story etc) is called? (Knowing might help me make key word searches more profitable as I search the Forum and FGU site for answers). Thanks.

Hi.

graphics/sidebar/button_blank.png
    graphics/sidebar/button_blank_down.png

Cheers,
    MBM

Smashing. Thank you much.

Thread Information