STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Traveller Tutorial

Hi guys veteran FG player here. A couple of my friends and I are interested in playing Traveller M2 and I was wondering if there was a video tutorial series on creating characters and playing in general on FG out there?

Thanks,

Greg

Check Seth Skorkowsky (youtube)

Awesome thanks!

I'm in the same boat (ish). I can create characters outside FG and add them to the PC or NPC sections. I've noticed a world tab. How do I add subsectors or even sectors to that section? I liked Seth's youtube videos, but I thought they would be more about playing the game within the confines of FG. Or perhaps I misunderstood. Are there any tutorials about playing Traveller in FG that are about or is there someone who is really good at explaining? I'm new to FG, but I've been playing Traveller in its various guises since 1978.

I'm actually looking at making some tutorial videos for Traveller using FG, but I'm super busy with the day job at the moment. (We're a freight company specializing in flowers, so this is our busiest week of the year) I hope to have some test footage done sometime next week, and putting up some example vids not too long after. I'll share some links when I have something. In the meantime, if anyone has any other examples of FG tutorials regarding Traveller, I'd also be interested, if only as sources of insipiration.

I am sorry that they are not in english but you could watch our gameplay videos to see how the MGT2E works in action with a real game within Reach 2 module (spoilers if you want to play it).

There are spanish subtitles available... and if you enable them you can choose to autotranslate to english during playback, it won't be perfect but it will help.

We have 3 Parts of our adventure uploaded here:

P1 First 21 minutes are intro to the Trojan Reach you can skip

P2 Good Combat example

P3 Dramatic Task example
    Last edited by alfarobl; May 7th, 2020 at 13:02.

If you need help figuring this out, give me a yell. I'm dusting off the Traveller Books and would be happy to work with you to figure this out. We can even put some videos up ourselves when we work out the kinks.
    I know FG well and am just coming back to Traveller.
    - Savoy

Seth is easily the best, but he's only got a few videos out for Mongoose Traveller 2e so far. He's doing more and they will be awesome. In the meantime Complex Games Apologist has a pretty good series on Traveller too.

It is for MGT1 in Fantasy Ground (which is the ruleset that MGT2 was built on top of) but there are a bunch of videos of their game sessions starting with generation and moving to a number of play sessions. MGT2 is much more robust than MGT1 but they make the set work really well.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...brZm8dfGhGyS_T

I’ll check it out, thanks!

Thread Information