5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 72 of 112 First ... 2262707172737482 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindran View Post
    You are a life-saver! If you were here, I'd buy you a beer / let my little sister date you if she wanted. Turning of strict concentration solved both problems. And, I think I did install the mod with strict concentration after the Aura Effects mod and may not have regression tested it. So, it's possible that I had broken it before the 4.2 update. Other auras I've worked with since then did not require concentration.

Thank you again!
    Glad it helped!

Just thinking some more -- why does the Aura Effects mod copy the (C) modifier from the AURA effect to the FROMAURA effect? It seems unnecessary and a cause of this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindran View Post
    Just thinking some more -- why does the Aura Effects mod copy the (C) modifier from the AURA effect to the FROMAURA effect? It seems unnecessary and a cause of this problem.
    It only does that because it has always done that.
    Thanks for making me aware of the issue!

Aura Effect v1.11
    * FROMAURA effects will no longer contain "(C)". This should resolve an issue in 5E where performing some actions would cause actors to lose their FROMAURA effect until they next moved. Thanks to Kindran and nephranka.
    * This fix might have also resolve the Polymorph extension incompatibility. I have not tested this assumption.
    Click here to see raw code changes
    Last edited by bmos; May 25th, 2022 at 19:14.

Is there any way to write an effect that forces a Saving Throw and damage upon entering the Aura? I'm trying to write a single effect for Spirit Guardians that forces a Saving Throw and damage upon entry to the area as well as the previously exampled Saving Throw and damage at the start of turn.

I've tried working with "Spirit Guardians; AURA: 16 foe; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVE: wisdom DC 18 (M)(H); SAVEO: wisdom DC 18 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)" and variations thereof hoping the additional section would force an immediate Saving Throw, but I'm starting to lose hope in being able to apply an automatic Saving Throw. (I changed the size to 16 feet to allow for proper distance effects on a grid. It previously wouldn't affect the spaces near the corners.)

Quote Originally Posted by NerdsGMA View Post
    Is there any way to write an effect that forces a Saving Throw and damage upon entering the Aura? I'm trying to write a single effect for Spirit Guardians that forces a Saving Throw and damage upon entry to the area as well as the previously exampled Saving Throw and damage at the start of turn.

I've tried working with "Spirit Guardians; AURA: 16 foe; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVE: wisdom DC 18 (M)(H); SAVEO: wisdom DC 18 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)" and variations thereof hoping the additional section would force an immediate Saving Throw, but I'm starting to lose hope in being able to apply an automatic Saving Throw. (I changed the size to 16 feet to allow for proper distance effects on a grid. It previously wouldn't affect the spaces near the corners.)
    If so, it would probably be a feature of Better Combat Effects
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Combat-Effects

Disregard. I realized that were that effect true if the caster moved at all it would force unwarranted Saving Throws on any enemies they moved towards. I'll stick to a little bit of manual effort on my part.

Disregard. I realized that were that effect true if the caster moved at all it would force unwarranted Saving Throws on any enemies they moved towards. I'll stick to a little bit of manual effort on my part.
    You can make a npc called spirit guardian, give it a token and throw the aura on it.

Is there a way to make an aura that ignores the creature that it is originating from? I'm struggling to figure out if it's impossible, or if i'm just dumb and the answer is staring me in the face (as is often the case)

EDIT: nvm, I managed to figure out a workaround; specifically I just gave the caster a custom effect with their name, and then used an IFT argument to filter them out from the rest of the aura's targets.
    Last edited by Fingersome; June 8th, 2022 at 18:18.

AURA by itself does not affect the caster. So for example AURA: friend will only affect friendly characters but not the caster.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    AURA by itself does not affect the caster. So for example AURA: friend will only affect friendly characters but not the caster.
    This is incorrect. Without using IF: FACTION(notself), the aura will effect both the 'bearer' (with the AURA effect) and the recipients (with the FROMAURA effects).

Quote Originally Posted by Fingersome View Post
    Is there a way to make an aura that ignores the creature that it is originating from? I'm struggling to figure out if it's impossible, or if i'm just dumb and the answer is staring me in the face (as is often the case)

EDIT: nvm, I managed to figure out a workaround; specifically I just gave the caster a custom effect with their name, and then used an IFT argument to filter them out from the rest of the aura's targets.
    That's an inventive solution, but not necessary. Just add IF: FACTION(notself) after the AURA part of the effect but before the important part (the bonus/penalty).
    You can read more about the FACTION conditional (and more about AURA in general) here.

Thread Information