Starfinder Playlist
Page 44 of 113 First ... 3442434445465494 ... Last
    I was trying to create an aura effect for an item that emits light (only owner) and gives a protective aura (to friends but not the owner). Then I was trying to code the item effect as such:

Lost Power; LIGHT: 15/15 'RGB code'; AURA: 10 friend; Santification; IF FACTION(notself); AC: 1

As expected I did apply the Light on myself but not the AURA on others... if I switch to:

Lost Power; AURA: 10 friend; Santification; IF FACTION(notself); AC: 1; LIGHT: 15/15 'RGB code'

Then, I apply the BONUS AC to friends but not me and the LIGHT to friends as well

I was wondering if there is a way to insert AURA at the end of the effect instead of the begging, to make it more customizable.
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    I was trying to create an aura effect for an item that emits light (only owner) and gives a protective aura (to friends but not the owner). Then I was trying to code the item effect as such:

Lost Power; LIGHT: 15/15 'RGB code'; AURA: 10 friend; Santification; IF FACTION(notself); AC: 1

As expected I did apply the Light on myself but not the AURA on others... if I switch to:

Lost Power; AURA: 10 friend; Santification; IF FACTION(notself); AC: 1; LIGHT: 15/15 'RGB code'

Then, I apply the BONUS AC to friends but not me and the LIGHT to friends as well

I was wondering if there is a way to insert AURA at the end of the effect instead of the begging, to make it more customizable.
    Currently no, you would need two effects.

Hello everyone,

first off: thanks for making this extension - I was really excited when I found this and implemented it for my next session.
    Sadly, my players told me that they were constantly error messages when the Paladin was moving around with his aura of protection.

Active aura on my paladin player was this one:
    AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA]

Error message was as following:
    Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_char_effects_MNM.lua"]:504: setValue: Unable to create node
    It pops up everytime players move within or leave the aura range. I've tried looking for similar problems in this thread but couldnt find anything. Errors are only popping up for my players.

I was suspecting that it might conflict with some other extentions (using a bunch, mostly Mad Nomads) and noticed that using this in combination with "Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effects Display" seems to be the root of the problem, deactivating either of the exts solves the issue.
    So yeah, any idea how I could use both plugins at a time? Would love to keep both, same as my players.

Running FGU 4.1.4 2021-June-08 right now, and Aura Effects 1.1.1 from FGUNexus.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrodoxin View Post
    Hello everyone,

first off: thanks for making this extension - I was really excited when I found this and implemented it for my next session.
    Sadly, my players told me that they were constantly error messages when the Paladin was moving around with his aura of protection.

Active aura on my paladin player was this one:
    AURA: 10 friend; Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA]

Error message was as following:
    Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_char_effects_MNM.lua"]:504: setValue: Unable to create node
    It pops up everytime players move within or leave the aura range. I've tried looking for similar problems in this thread but couldnt find anything. Errors are only popping up for my players.

I was suspecting that it might conflict with some other extentions (using a bunch, mostly Mad Nomads) and noticed that using this in combination with "Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Effects Display" seems to be the root of the problem, deactivating either of the exts solves the issue.
    So yeah, any idea how I could use both plugins at a time? Would love to keep both, same as my players.

Running FGU 4.1.4 2021-June-08 right now, and Aura Effects 1.1.1 from FGUNexus.
    Unfortunately, adding compatibility with paid extensions can be difficult, as their code is not available unless I buy the extension.
    You might want to ask MadNomad if you can share the ext with me so I can see where the incompatibility is, but since I don't play 5E it wouldn't make any sense for me to buy it.

I would be happy to purchase the extension for you!

what is your username or email for dmsguid and I can gift it to you. (you can PM me)
    Last edited by arcanjl; June 11th, 2021 at 00:12.

seems like it's my email: [removed in case of spam]
    I will se what I can do to make it compatible.
    Last edited by bmos; June 11th, 2021 at 13:08.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Done.
    A true hero. May the dice gods bless thee.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    Done.
    Cool! Try Aura Effects v1.2.

In my testing, the only thing that isn't working is that MadNomad's extension doesn't notice the "FACTION" conditional.
    So "AURA: 5 all; IF: FACTION(notself); SAVE: 2" shows a save bonus on the character sheet even though rolling it doesn't include a bonus.
    This will have to be fixed in MadNomad's extension (and appears to also be an issue with other conditionals like "IF: ALIGN(good); SAVE: 2"
    Last edited by bmos; June 11th, 2021 at 13:06.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You might want to remove your email address to avoid spam.
    Last edited by Milmoor; June 11th, 2021 at 13:09.

Thread Information