FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 35 of 113 First ... 2533343536374585 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jjf41992 View Post
    Just wondering how one would code for the Oathbreaker's Aura of Hate? Just downloaded the extension and I am having trouble figuring it out but I'm sure that it works somehow it's just not really working for me and I would really appreciate the help.
    I was needing this today, so i did it. Here it is:
    AURA: 10 all; Aura of Hate; IF: TYPE(undead,fiend); DMG: 5

Checks in a 10 feet area, all factions, IF the crature is an undead it adds 5 damage (the charisma of the paladin) - I'm using Advanced effects, but if you are using normal power effects. This might work:
    AURA: 10 all; Aura of Hate; IF: TYPE(undead,fiend); DMG: [CHA]

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    did you test from the player end? I am definitely seeing it behaving weirdly in 5e.
    I made a test campaign in 5E to test if its the same behavior as in 4E with v0.9. It is. (Player moving the token, no token lock). No chat spam which is nice.
    V0.8 applies and removes the aura effect at the correct distance but spams the chat box with no token lock and player moving the token.

I reverted back to v0.8 and dealt with the chat spam on our last game.

Seems to also conflict with Silent Ruins Combat Groups Ext, when placing Party Token on Map and adding to Party Vision, it then throws errors when a player moves the token
    Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_aura.lua"]:233: attempt to index a nil value

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    Seems to also conflict with Silent Ruins Combat Groups Ext, when placing Party Token on Map and adding to Party Vision, it then throws errors when a player moves the token
    Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_aura.lua"]:233: attempt to index a nil value
    Are you using v0.9? I don't think it could have that error at line 233.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Aura Effect v0.9
    * code improvements
    * Fix duplicate effects in 5E and excessive 'no effect found' messaging in all/most rulesets.

Definitely 0.9, (confirmed in Chat upon load)

Line 233 is msgOOB.sCTNode = CombatManager.getCTFromToken(tokenMap).getNodeName ()
    And this token is NOT in CT so perhaps related to that?
    The Combat Groups ext allows you to associate a token for a group in CT and place it on map
    Perhaps Auras needs that CT referral and doesnt like the linkage/lack of?

ah, that sounds likely. can you try again with this build and let me know if it errors?
    there have been some fairly significant changes to the code since 0.9 so I want to see where the problem is now.

EDIT: fortunately it should be easy to fix since I should be able to have it fail gracefully when there aren't any nodes available.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; May 3rd, 2021 at 22:45.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    I made a test campaign in 5E to test if its the same behavior as in 4E with v0.9. It is. (Player moving the token, no token lock). No chat spam which is nice.
    V0.8 applies and removes the aura effect at the correct distance but spams the chat box with no token lock and player moving the token.

I reverted back to v0.8 and dealt with the chat spam on our last game.
    Are you seeing that issue of player/GM distances not matching?
    It was doing that to me a few days ago but now it seems to work correctly. Either I fixed it without meaning to or there is another variable at play.

Did a quick test in 4e with no extensions

GM move works correctly, Player move does not.

--GM MOVE TOKEN--

--PLAYER MOVE TOKEN--

You sir are a Legend! Worked a treat, no errors now
    Make the Token Party Visible, then Players can move the Party token around and see what it sees
    No errors at all

Thread Information