DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 21 of 112 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last

Considering the extension is written specifically for 5e, which does not count diagonals as 10’, that’s not likely to happen. Even in the old 3/3.5 ed, it was only every second diagonal that counted as 10’, so that wouldn’t suit your needs either.

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    Considering the extension is written specifically for 5e, which does not count diagonals as 10’, that’s not likely to happen. Even in the old 3/3.5 ed, it was only every second diagonal that counted as 10’, so that wouldn’t suit your needs either.
    If you have the setting "House Rules (GM) - Map: Diagonal Distance" set to "variant" I believe the extension will calculate distance as every other diagonal being 10'. Which is mathematically quite accurate - way more than every diagonal being 5' or 10'.

I think it's worth noting on the front page that you need to have the grid enabled and visible for this extension to function. I tend to use the grid with visibility turned off, so if you want to do that and use this extension, you need to make the grid visible but set the alpha color channel to 0 to get the same effect.

Thanks for this very helpful extension, regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    I think it's worth noting on the front page that you need to have the grid enabled and visible for this extension to function. I tend to use the grid with visibility turned off, so if you want to do that and use this extension, you need to make the grid visible but set the alpha color channel to 0 to get the same effect.

Thanks for this very helpful extension, regardless!
    I didn’t realize that was the case. Thanks for the info and I’ll see about making that not required in the 1.0 release
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

That would be a welcome adjustment!

Quote Originally Posted by estrolof View Post
    We see there's a wealth of discussion around token lock, which impacts adding/removing the effect on entering or exiting the aura.

However, one of the example spells used at the outset of this thread is Spirit Guardians. That spell also includes "...when the creature enters the area for the first time..." (which, I imagine would apply to many monster fear auras, as well). Is there a way to use the Aura to trigger this initial saving throw roll on entering the aura? As we have it now (see below) the saving throw only triggers for the "begins in the aura".

( AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: wisdom DC 17 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; Speed halved; (C) )
    This would be a great advancement to a great extension!

Initial entry is something I want to also add, but it's somewhat awkward. I'll likely have an implementation of it added to the 1.0 release, if not a completely perfect and refined one that can be disabled if the implementation is less than ideal for you.
    I'm always looking for ways to enhance the fantasy grounds experience, feel free to reach out to me with suggestions.
    For a list of all my extensions look here.

The best way to contact me regarding any of my extensions is on Discord in the #kent-mccullough-stuff channel.

Awesome, Kent!

Looking forward to 1.0. Thanks!

Either one of the latest ruleset updates started causing issues or I forgot how to use this (equal odds). Now, on a map with tokens locked and grid visible, if a player moves from outside the range of an aura several squares into the aura, when the DM accepts the move, the aura is applied multiple times. When the player moves out of the aura, errors occur.

Aura.png

Additionally, the friend/foe seem to be ignored now (with an aura against foes even affecting the source). Here are a couple of auras which exhibit this behavior:

AURA: 30 foe; Siphoning Aura; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: constitution DC 15 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 4d6+4 necrotic;
    AURA: 10 all; IF: FACTION(!foe); Aura of Protection; SAVE: +5
    Love the extension (and ongoing saves), but had to turn this off for the moment. Hopefully it's something on my end. This is with v0.4, no other extensions, and latest FGU (2/4 application, 3/16 core, 3/12 5E).

Thread Information