DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 100 of 112 First ... 50909899100101102110 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    For This might also fix the issue SR was talking about?
    Not had a chance to test it yet - maybe later this week unless you think I should just build it straight out of your current source. My monday game had that triggering everytime you moved through an aura issue I gave you a simple example campaign of via DM the other week. If you can get that to work I'm sure my games would work fine.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    I'd like to suggest a feature if it's possible: The ability to change the diagonal distance calculation of auras using a keyword.
    I know you can already change the diagonal distance calculation so auras are square or circular using the settings menu, but there are a few cases where changing the global setting isn't feasible.

Take for example: If you are playing Curse of Strahd, you use the 'Standard' setting for diagonal distance in your campaign, and you have an aura effect automated for the Sunsword's sunlight. Light in fantasy grounds is always calculated as circular, even if distance calculation is set to 'Standard' (in which all radii are actually square). So the light is circular but the aura is square, leading to a disconnect where the aura is larger than the light the sword is emitting. If we are able to set a keyword to override this calculation for specific aura effects, this would resolve issues that arise from this dissonance.

Some suggestions for keywords:

Standard calculation: AURAS:
    Variant calculation: AURAV:
    or maybe AURA: 15 foe standard/variant
    Has anything like this suggested feature been added at all? I've been having this issue with distance calculation discrepancy aswell. Would love to have circular auras with the standard diagonal distance setting.

Quote Originally Posted by xxXEliteXxx View Post
    Has anything like this suggested feature been added at all? I've been having this issue with distance calculation discrepancy aswell. Would love to have circular auras with the standard diagonal distance setting.
    not yet, but GKEnialb added the resources in Token Height that could enable that, so hopefully someday soon™

Has something changed recently? I'm still using the Forge version and my game last night had issues I've never encountered before. I've been using this extension for quite a while with no issues. Last night, a player Cleric had the Spirit Guardians Aura on him: Spirit Guardians; AURA: 15 foe; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC] (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)

He was surrounded by wolves. When a wolf within the aura came up in the combat tracker, it would sometimes work, but then other times, the effect would just kind of drop off one of the wolves on its own. I had to move them out and back into the aura and then adjust the combat tracker to get it to work again. I have never had to do this.

I haven't changed anything on my campaign. I have quite a few other extensions but all of them have been enabled with this working perfectly in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by xxXEliteXxx View Post
    I replaced the call to the api distance calculation with celestian's old distance calculation method from the below thread (since it worked using proper circles) and with a few tweaks to accommodate larger sized creatures and adjusting for distance-to instead of distance-between, it works pretty well for my purposes.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-FGU/page2
    Last edited by GEONE; January 20th, 2023 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    I replaced the call to the api distance calculation with celestian's old distance calculation method from the below thread (since it worked using proper circles) and with a few tweaks to accommodate larger sized creatures and adjusting for distance-to instead of distance-between, it works pretty well for my purposes.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-for-FGU/page2
    Feel free to post the ext file here

Congrats on the 100 page milestone of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I started working on re-implementing the triggering and processing of auras. Here is an early (generally working) build of v2 for those who are curious.
    If you install this by putting it into your extensions folder, it will override the live Forge version. If you do that, be sure you remove it when you're done testing to begin using the live Forge version again.

The primary changes:
    Breaking up the code into smaller functions and a variety of lua scripts to facilitate easier maintenance, repair, and collaboration.
    Moving toward parsing the appropriate auras by scanning tokens on the map rather than all combat tracker entries. This should be useful for people with massive combat trackers or with extensions that leave a ton of hidden entries in the combat tracker.

Notable things from v1 that are not included:
    Deferring processing until after token movement is complete.
    Limiting movement to whole squares.

Things that are working much better than V1:
    Triggering aura removal/addition. For This might also fix the issue SR was talking about?

Feedback I am most interested in:
    Speed. Is this faster or slower, especially when used on large/complex campaigns?
    Behavior. Do the effects work the way you'd expect? Are effects added/removed appropriately?

Feedback I pretty much don't want to hear yet:
    Extension compatibility. If you're testing this, please don't load anything else. Before I start looking into that stuff I need to make sure this all works right with the base rulesets most FG DMs are running on.

As with all testing, if you are going to test this on a real campaign, BACK IT UP FIRST.
    Here's a new build with a bunch of changes under the hood.
    https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Dev...ag/v2.0-beta.1
    Last edited by bmos; January 24th, 2023 at 00:11.

I will check it out. I was testing it before and seems to be working just fine.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Latest beta.3 build is now on TEST channel.
    https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Dev...ag/v2.0-beta.3

AS WITH BETA.2 THIS REQUIRES v4.3.3+.

I'm now starting to validate against some other extensions.
    Currently there is an issue with Better Combat Effects saving throws when entering auras, although this is with v4.0-rc2 of BCE which is currently on TEST as well.
    Last edited by bmos; January 30th, 2023 at 13:56.

Thread Information