DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 29 of 112 First ... 1927282930313979 ... Last
    Still seeing this triggering off on the Aura owner\caster. If I change FACTION(foe) to FACTION(!foe) then nothing happens. Potentially, could still deal with this to make life simpler on the monsters getting attacked (and just heal up the cleric each time for whatever damage they take), but would be great to figure out a means in which it doesn't impact the caster.
    Sorry, should mention this is all in 5E, this test was with just the Aura Effects and Ongoing Saves Effects loaded.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BaneTBC; April 15th, 2021 at 22:19.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Discord is in my signature here.
    Redownload; I think I've fixed it in 4E as well.
    Did you update the file? I still get the same error.

Hmm.. that is strange. I tested in 5E, PFRPG, and 4E and it seemed to be working correctly. Will verify and get back.
    EDIT: I have checked and it's still working... Maybe I uploaded the wrong file. I have re-re-uploaded it now so just... try it again?

Aura Effect v0.7
    * FACTION conditional now functions differently (more intuitively I think). Read about it [here](https://github.com/bmos/FG-Aura-Effe...ditional-check).
    * Fix a potential script error when comparing a nil value.
    * HOTFIX (April 15): fixed some more strange behavior of FACTION (especially in 4E).
    * HOTFIX 2 (April 15): fixed yet more strange behavior of FACTION.
    * HOTFIX 2 (April 15): setting AURA effect to skip or off will delete FROMAURA effects.
    Last edited by bmos; April 16th, 2021 at 00:19.

Yeah, redownloaded the file, still seeing the same action where it is triggering on the caster. Wonder if this is something that needs to be looked at with the Ongoing Save Effects addon to ignore effects listed as Aura?

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    Yeah, redownloaded the file, still seeing the same action where it is triggering on the caster. Wonder if this is something that needs to be looked at with the Ongoing Save Effects addon to ignore effects listed as Aura?
    Possibly, but kevininrussia is having that issue without using that extension. Don't give up hope just yet :P

EDIT: I have reproduced the issue. I was testing with ABIL: -5 which is working.
    Now I am testing with ATK: -5 which is not...

EDIT2: second hotfix!
    Aura Effect v0.7
    * FACTION conditional now functions differently (more intuitively I think). Read about it [here](https://github.com/bmos/FG-Aura-Effe...ditional-check).
    * Fix a potential script error when comparing a nil value.
    * HOTFIX (April 15): fixed some more strange behavior of FACTION (especially in 4E).
    * HOTFIX 2 (April 15): fixed yet more strange behavior of FACTION.
    * HOTFIX 2 (April 15): setting AURA effect to skip or off will delete FROMAURA effects.
    Last edited by bmos; April 16th, 2021 at 00:19.

Yeah, based on my current understanding of what is happening, that's not likely to get fixed.
    Improving compatibility with paid extensions for rulesets I don't use is a pretty low priority, although if someone fixes it and shares the fix with me I'll probably include it here.
    I totally get it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTBC View Post
    I just ran a clean test with the 0.7 version and it is working using:
    AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: wisdom DC 17 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 necrotic; (C)

Maybe you have some extensions running? Grid and token lock off?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I just ran a clean test with the 0.7 version and it is working using:
    AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVEO: wisdom DC 17 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 necrotic; (C)

Maybe you have some extensions running? Grid and token lock off?
    Or I fixed it with the second hotfix, depending whether you downloaded it again recently.
    Either way, thanks for the additional testing
    Last edited by bmos; April 16th, 2021 at 01:21.

Or I fixed it with the second hotfix, depending whether you downloaded it again recently.
    Either way, thanks for the additional testing
    No worries. Thanks for the hotfix.

bmos, that last one looks to have fixed it and it's working appropriately now! Thanks

Thread Information