5E Character Create Playlist
Page 54 of 112 First ... 444525354555664104 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperclipkiller View Post
    Is there currently a way to automatically disable/enable the effect on say the Paladin with the Aura of Protection if they go unconscious?
    No, although it's on the eventual to-do list.
    Probably that would mean having a separate AURAC effect since not all auras will have that limitation.

Quote Originally Posted by randomnumber46 View Post
    I DM'd you but not sure if it went through, so replying here as well to be safe.

The error only occurred with Polymorph, since it was the only shapechange effect with concentration. The effect applies correctly, but when you break concentration (either by manually deleting the effect, failing a concentration check or clicking the 'Stop Concentrating' button) the error pops up. It doesn't seem to happen if the polymorphed form is reduced to 0 hp and the creature changes back, even though this also removes the polymorph effect. The same thing happens whether the caster is the target or not.

Everything seems to work correctly, even with the error, but since I don't know what the error is I don't know if there is anything unseen going on so I've avoided using them together.

Let me know if you want me to go into more detail on any particular part!
    Is this issue still ocurring? If so, can someone re-post the error as the line numbers referenced don't seem to be the same anymore.
    I'm not getting errors when concentration checks are rolled or by using the Stop Concentrating button.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffie465 View Post
    Long thread; Apologize if this scenario has been covered. I haven't found the coding. Closest I could find was using the AURA and REGEN, but that isn't quite what I'm looking to establish.

Scenario: Player has Healing Spirit, which reads "Until the spell ends, whenever you or a creature you can see moves into the spirits space for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, you can cause the spirit to restore 1d6 hit points to that creature (no action required).". Cool, a Font of Healing, just walk through it on your turn as part of your movement and get a 1d6 heal. It can only trigger this heal 1+ spell casting ability modifier (minimum of twice).

Thought of dropping a token in combat tracker/battle map and putting an aura affect on that token when the player casts the spell, allowing players to see the spirit on the map and pass through it as part of their movement or a quick heal; or have the ranger drop it on the tank's square and just give them 1d6 healing at the start of their turn for as long as they can. I was originally thinking that an ongoing 'save', with negative damage would fit the bill; just set the DC of the save so high that a player stepping into the aura always fails resulting in the SAVEDMG getting rolled, resulting in a HEAL roll. Though they do get triggered at the start of their turn in the aura, it 1) doesn't get triggered when they first enter the aura, nor 2) does it roll SAVEDMG or HEAL.

AURA: 1 friend; Healing Spirit; IF: FACTION(friend); SAVEO: wisdom DC 1 (M); SAVEDMG: -1d6;
    OR
    AURA: 1 friend; Healing Spirit; IF: FACTION(friend); SAVEO: WIS DC 100; HEAL: 1d6;

Thoughts?
    If you use better combat effects it is Healing Spirit; AURA: 1 friend; IF: FACTION(friend); REGENA: 1d6; REGEN: 1d6

Aura Effect v1.5
    * Re-implement alternate distance calculation for users of FG Classic
    * HOTFIX Aug 3 2021: Fix for Classic still not working. At this time, it only works when the GM moves the token.
    * HOTFIX Aug 3 2021: Fix for player movement. Should now work fully in Unity and Classic.
    Click here to see raw code changes
    Last edited by bmos; August 4th, 2021 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Aura Effect v1.5
    * Re-implement alternate distance calculation for users of FG Classic
    * HOTFIX Aug 3 2021: Fix for Classic still not working. At this time, it only works when the GM moves the token.
    * HOTFIX Aug 3 2021: Fix for player movement. Should now work fully in Unity and Classic.
    Click here to see raw code changes
    So if we use Unity, we don't need this update?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    So if we use Unity, we don't need this update?
    Correct. For Unity users it is the same as v1.4. Because of this I didn't bother uploading it to the Forge.

Re: Aura Effect v1.5 from post #535, Fantasy Grounds Classic, 5E ruleset, no other extensions running

Hey bmos, thanks a ton for the update to get this extension working in FGC again! So far it's working great, the only thing I'm seeing is a bit of odd behavior with Large creatures - it's almost like auras don't translate across diagonals with them? Both bestowing and receiving effects.

Details from the above screenshot:
    - Red dragon has an AURA: 5 foe flame aura. It properly applies to A, but doesn't hit B for some reason. C is outside the range. If I move creature B down one space, B now receives the flame effect.
    - Creature B has an AURA: 5 all lightning immunity aura. It properly applies to A and C, but doesn't hit the dragon. If I move creature B down once space, the lightning-immune effect now applies to the dragon.
    - I believe this issue is directly related to the dragon being large, because B's lightning-immunity aura DOES properly hit creature C, despite them being diagonal to each other. So this aura definitely works diagonally if both creatures are medium.
    - It's definitely not a faction/targeting thing since if creature B is moved down a space, all the auras apply properly. It's just when B and the dragon are diagonal to each other that the auras don't work.

This isn't a huge deal or anything - I'm just happy to get a Classic version working again! - but just something I noticed. I think I remember some issue with Large creatures being discussed way back in this thread, but I took a quick browse and couldn't find if there'd been a solution or not.
    Last edited by Rades; August 5th, 2021 at 06:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Rades View Post
    Re: Aura Effect v1.5 from post #535, Fantasy Grounds Classic, 5E ruleset, no other extensions running

Hey bmos, thanks a ton for the update to get this extension working in FGC again! So far it's working great, the only thing I'm seeing is a bit of odd behavior with Large creatures - it's almost like auras don't translate across diagonals with them? Both bestowing and receiving effects.

Details from the above screenshot:
    - Red dragon has an AURA: 5 foe flame aura. It properly applies to A, but doesn't hit B for some reason. C is outside the range. If I move creature B down one space, B now receives the flame effect.
    - Creature B has an AURA: 5 all lightning immunity aura. It properly applies to A and C, but doesn't hit the dragon. If I move creature B down once space, the lightning-immune effect now applies to the dragon.
    - I believe this issue is directly related to the dragon being large, because B's lightning-immunity aura DOES properly hit creature C, despite them being diagonal to each other. So this aura definitely works diagonally if both creatures are medium.
    - It's definitely not a faction/targeting thing since if creature B is moved down a space, all the auras apply properly. It's just when B and the dragon are diagonal to each other that the auras don't work.

This isn't a huge deal or anything - I'm just happy to get a Classic version working again! - but just something I noticed. I think I remember some issue with Large creatures being discussed way back in this thread, but I took a quick browse and couldn't find if there'd been a solution or not.
    Was this not the case for v0.4?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Was this not the case for v0.4?
    Oh was it? It honestly might have been, I'm not sure. It's been a long time since the v0.4 version so I didn't remember if that was also a problem back then. If it's just a limitation of FG Classic that can't be fixed, then that's fine, glad to have it confirmed! (I just happened to test with a Large creature yesterday and was getting confused until I realized it was the diagonals, so thought I'd post here to find out more.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rades View Post
    Oh was it? It honestly might have been, I'm not sure. It's been a long time since the v0.4 version so I didn't remember if that was also a problem back then. If it's just a limitation of FG Classic that can't be fixed, then that's fine, glad to have it confirmed! (I just happened to test with a Large creature yesterday and was getting confused until I realized it was the diagonals, so thought I'd post here to find out more.)
    I'm sure it can be fixed, I was just trying to figure out if I should be looking for the fix in the old code or just figuring it out from scratch. I'll test v0.4 and see if it's the same way.

EDIT: it is the same in v0.4; all creatures are effectively medium.
    Last edited by bmos; August 5th, 2021 at 19:03.

Thread Information