STAR TREK 2d20
Page 62 of 112 First ... 1252606162636472 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    "AURA: 5 ^foe; SKILL: 4" might work, but I'm not sure.
    If not that, then "AURA: 5 all; IF: FACTION(^foe); SKILL: 4" might.
    Using the first applies the effect to all, the second applies it to all, but it takes no effect

Okay for those looking to get a neutral aura to affect both friendly and neutral, but exclude hostile entities in the combat tracker;

1: Make a PC sheet, give it the effect "Ally" not setting it to expire (if you set this effect on the PC that is the source of the aura, for some reason it is removed creatures they leave the aura)
    2: Apply the "Ally" effect to all entities you want affected by the aura
    3: Aura effect should look like this : "AURA: 10 all; IF:CUSTOM(Ally); Aura of Protection; SAVE: [CHA]"

Doing it like this, the aura only affects creatures with the "Ally" tag.

It's not elegant, it's kind of the "if duct tape doesn't work, use more duct tape" approach, but it works, and that's what i was after.

@bmos is it possible to combine conditional checks for the aura? I am trying this:

Code:
    Spike of the Shadar-kai; AURA: 10 foe; Shadow of the Shadar-kai; IF: FACTION(notself); IF: TYPE(beast,humanoid); DISSAV
    The expectation is that foe-faction beasts and humanoids receive DISSAV, but not the aura emitter. It seems like the faction conditional is ignored when the type conditional is used, because the emitter (a PC) also gets DISSAV. If I remove "humanoid" from the type check, it works fine, but then I don't need the faction check either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    I am running into some issues using the aura's on a neutral paladin, if i set the effect to friends, it affects neutral characters (as intended) but not "green" friendly characters, meaning the players (not intended)
    Is there a way to get the aura on a neutral paladin to affect both friendly and neutral characters?
    Code:
    AURA: 15 all; Pally; IF: FACTION(!foe); SKILL: 4
    This should work. This will put the effect on everyone in the radius (I used 15), however, the effect of SKILL:4 will only apply to people that meet the faction requirement of (!foe, which is anyone but foes).

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Code:
    This should work. This will put the effect on everyone in the radius (I used 15), however, the effect of SKILL:4 will only apply to people that meet the faction requirement of (!foe, which is anyone but foes).

Hope that helps.
    I'll test it out on another table, i got it working now and i'm not risking any ****ery with it

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Code:

Hope that helps.
    Ah, thanks. That was what I was trying to say with the "^foe" bit but I forgot which character was used to invert the term.

Just downloaded and installed this one today. It was my first extension to ever install. Took all of 5 min to figure out how to use it and install extensions in general. Works great and functions on the variant rule for diagonal movement. I hope all extensions are this amazing.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of blank entries on the combat tracker cause by the Aura's Mod adding/removing information? I have the option set to Silence alerts but still see multiple blank lines show up on characters.
    AuraEffects.png

I'm not seeing that problem what other exts do you have running

Quote Originally Posted by JayceStorm View Post
    Any suggestions on how to get rid of blank entries on the combat tracker cause by the Aura's Mod adding/removing information? I have the option set to Silence alerts but still see multiple blank lines show up on characters.
    AuraEffects.png
    I think that is an old version. Delete it from your extensions folder and then add from Forge.

Thread Information