DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 61 of 112 First ... 1151596061626371111 ... Last
    Hi Kent - thanks for the quick response, sorry for my tardy response! The effect I added to the Paladin was Aura of Protection, I used the same syntax that you have in the first page. When I first put it on, friendly PCs and NPCs had the FROMAURA effect appearing correctly, but as the game progressed when a character moved through the aura, the effect re-applied 10 - 15 times. I've just tried it again now as the DM, and everything is working as it should. Seemed to only be an issue with the players moving. I have no IF statements in place. I use the bundle of your automatic extensions which all work fine (they are ace, thanks!). I also have DM Tools, 1-click druid (and 1-click more), turn-based effects, enhanced spell window, party combat stats, spell component check, 5e indicators, weather generator, mad Nomad Consumable Items, 5e modifiers, CT open on turn, MNM character sheet effects display, 5e encumbrance, automatic record links, linkfill, NPC maker, NPC random treasure drops, random encounter generator, random spellbook generator, skip dead, select on turn, easy lights, toggle effect lights, MNM automatic actions, coin converter, Rob's automatic coding for class, race, background etc. I also have some forge stuff covering height, exhaustion, coin weight, better combat effects and extraplanar containers. I update everything prior to running the games, and I am running all the 5e rule books (except Fizban's) and playing Storm King's Thunder. Hope that helps.

I set the "Silence Notifications for Aura Types" to "All" which stopped everything re-applying on the combat tracker but did put an error in the chat box ("unable to find effect to remove") when players or NPCs moved, but it had no impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStewart332 View Post
    I set the "Silence Notifications for Aura Types" to "All" which stopped everything re-applying on the combat tracker but did put an error in the chat box ("unable to find effect to remove") when players or NPCs moved, but it had no impact on the game.
    Did you install from Forge?
    What version number is in the chat window when you load the extension?

Hi bmos - I installed from the FGU forum page one (v0.4). Will check and see if it is on the Forge too.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveStewart332 View Post
    Hi bmos - I installed from the FGU forum page one (v0.4). Will check and see if it is on the Forge too.
    Ah! Then that is your issue
    Install my version from the Forge.

In the words of a famous starship captain, I shall make it so! Thanks bmos.

How would I program a Fear Aura. The effect is Horrifying Visage: If foe is within 60 feet they must save DC13 WIS or be frightened. They can then make a save at the END of their turn with DISADV to remove the effect. If the initially save or save later, they are immune to the effect. Can this be done with an Aura Effect?

I think this would only work if you coupled it with Better Combat Effects and the SAVEE modifier.

Untested, but maybe...
    Code:
    AURA: 60 foe; Horrifying Visage; SAVEA: WIS 13 (R); SAVEE: WIS 13 (R)

I am running into some issues using the aura's on a neutral paladin, if i set the effect to friends, it affects neutral characters (as intended) but not "green" friendly characters, meaning the players (not intended)
    Is there a way to get the aura on a neutral paladin to affect both friendly and neutral characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
    I am running into some issues using the aura's on a neutral paladin, if i set the effect to friends, it affects neutral characters (as intended) but not "green" friendly characters, meaning the players (not intended)
    Is there a way to get the aura on a neutral paladin to affect both friendly and neutral characters?
    "AURA: 5 ^foe; SKILL: 4" might work, but I'm not sure.
    If not that, then "AURA: 5 all; IF: FACTION(^foe); SKILL: 4" might.
    Last edited by bmos; December 10th, 2021 at 18:28.

Thread Information