5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 31 of 112 First ... 2129303132334181 ... Last
    Turning Automatic F&R (and Pack Tactics as well) didn't help much.

I will keep trying with turning different extensions off. I already found out some other conflict with Madnomad's charactersheet effects display:
    [4/18/2021 8:43:16 PM] [ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_char_effects_MNM.lua"]:86: setValue: Unable to create node

Turning it off helped with that one but didn't stop those GM chat window errors or applying aura several times.

Step1: turn off all other extensions
    Step2: tell me if it's still happening
    Step3: if it isn't, try one extension at a time until you figure out which one is the issue.

Regarding the conflict with charactersheet effects display, that is coming from that extension. Since it's a paid extension, there isn't a free way for me to see whether the code has conflicts.
    IMO it's the responsibility of paid extension creators to improve compatibility since others don't have access to the source code.
    It can also be of questionable legality to add compatibility on my end if I did have access to the code, as I could violate their license without meaning to (since their extensions aren't supposed to be reproduced by third parties).

I tried a simple Phandelver scenario with only Aura effects on. Everything works fine with GM only but when I join the campaign as player there are these errors.
    GM chat shows "Unable to find effect to remove", and aura effects get applied more than once. No matter if the tokens are moved by player or GM.
    Screenshot.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Finsteel View Post
    I tried a simple Phandelver scenario with only Aura effects on. Everything works fine with GM only but when I join the campaign as player there are these errors.
    GM chat shows "Unable to find effect to remove", and aura effects get applied more than once. No matter if the tokens are moved by player or GM.
    Screenshot.JPG
    Thanks, info in your screenshot helped me get it to occur for me too
    I'll see what I can do to fix it. It only happens with friend auras.
    Last edited by bmos; April 18th, 2021 at 21:23.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Thanks, info in your screenshot helped me get it to occur for me too
    I'll see what I can do to fix it. It only happens with friend auras.
    This is exactly what happened to me though for every square you move through it adds another effect on.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Jerod View Post
    This is exactly what happened to me though for every square you move through it adds another effect on.
    It actually adds another effect for every half of a square moved towards the source of aura. (At least in my tests). Effects are also removed one by one for each square moved away from aura range. So token moving towards the source of a 10' aura gets aura effect added about six times and needs to move some 30 or 40 feet away from the source to get them all removed.

I want to say also thousands of thanks to bmos for working on this extension. I hope these observations will help you with it.

Yeah, I'm definitely seeing this occurring, but I'm not sure how to fix it yet. You might want to use token locking for now until I figure it out.

It occurs with token locking on too.

Quote Originally Posted by Finsteel View Post
    It occurs with token locking on too.
    Ah, I had forgotten that. Thanks.
    It looks like the issue is how quickly you drag the token. If you slowly drag it into range it works properly but if you quickly drag it you move multiple 'notches' into range and it tries to add/remove the effect multiple times (and it isn't always smart enough to notice that it's already there). Weirdly, it's mostly an issue in 5E as the other rulesets I have tried notice the effect is already there and don't add it multiple times.

Maybe movement with arrow keys or number pad would be a temporary fix?

Thread Information