5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    TheVirtualDM

What is a good replacement for the DOE: OLE Extension?

I have been using some of the DOE extensions created by Dulux-OZ which I fear will stop working since they are no longer supported. Can anyone suggest good replacements? In particular, I am looking for a replacement for the DOE: OLE Extension. I use it to launch reference material and audio (Tabletop Audio & Ambient Mixer) from inside of Fantasy Grounds. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hi THe VirtualDM welcome to FG.

I'm not sure what that extension did but on a brief reading it seems to include links in story entries. To do that just paste the url into a story entry and then enclose it in a speech bubble. You can then click on it to send it to chat and your players can click on it.

I may be misunderstanding it's use of course.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

TheVirtualDM
    Hi Zacchaeus. Thank you for the welcome and...

Thank you for the quick reply to my question and my apologies for any confusion.

The DOE: OLE Extension allows me to include links in my story entires, parcels, ETC that open either URLs in a browser or files (documents or audio) on my PC. For example, if my party enters a shop in the story, I would include a link to an extensive listing of shop goods and prices contained in a word doc on my PC. OR If my party was about to enter Waterdeep, I would include a link to my online world builder application with all of my details on Waterdeep. It is my "lazy DM" way to easily reuse reference material in multiple campaigns.

I am assuming that with the DOE extension being no longer supported that it will break at some point. I am hoping to find a replacement before then.

Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Blog Entries
    Not sure about the local file links, though FG should do that if you format it correctly (file://...). But you will ahve to test/try I'm afraid.

Audio links can be done with both the Audio Overseer and MK Sounds extensions. I'm sure it will be somewhat different than what DOE OLE did/does. But you can start by taking a look at them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

TheVirtualDM
    Thanks LordEntrails. I appreciate the reply.

I am familiar with Audio Overseer and the MK Sounds extensions. They are both great. I admit that I have gotten a little spoiled with the ease of adding external links using the DOE: OLE extension. I am holding out hope that there is a replacement out there that is as easy to use. I know that it should be an easy extension to built. I wish I had the skills to do it. Extensions like Audio Overseer and MK Sounds are ultimately just calling external links. It just happens that in the case of those extensions it is audio links. FYI. If you place a link to a webpage or local file into these extensions, they will open them. It is just not as easy as the DOE: OLE extension.

Thanks again for your reply. Cheers!!

One thing I missed from those extensions was the ability to set up a shop with items that players could drag and drop, and it would automatically remove their money. Is there any other extension with this feature?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    One thing I missed from those extensions was the ability to set up a shop with items that players could drag and drop, and it would automatically remove their money. Is there any other extension with this feature?
    That is not the extension he is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    That is not the extension he is talking about.
    One day late for that reference!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Surely somewhere its still the fourth?
    Alaska, Hawaii - so, yeah...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information