5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Essentials Kit buying options

I'm wondering, what are the chances we could get an option to buy just the "Dragon of Icespire Peak" module from this kit, in the same way we can buy
    "Lost Mine of Phandelver" from the Starter Set (which doesn't seem to be a thing digitally).

Wizards of the Coast's digital distribution partner sells the adventure module as just the adventure module. I know they have some special privileges being the main partner,
    but maybe a question to ask if the opportunity arises?

Game Components:

64-page rulebook that teaches you how to create characters of levels 1-6 and play the game.

-Nice option for someone that doesn't have the core rulebooks, not really useful for those that do

Include the introduction of sidekick rules.
    -cool addition for small groups

Dragon of Icespire Peak(TM), a 64-page introductory adventure
    2 high quality maps for use with the Dragon of Icespire Peak(TM) adventure

-part I'm interested in

Four-panel, Dungeon Master's screen
    -is this really a thing?

81 cards describing magic items, sidekicks, and other D&D game elements
    -again, useful without having core books, not really with

An ideal second purchase for new players that have bought the Starter Set, or as a standalone
    product, offering a more expansive D&D experience:
    (1) Learn to create characters of levels 1-6
    (2) Experience the thrill of being the Dungeon Masters.

-Works well as a launching point for a new group, not really necessary for a group already invested in the game

A strong continuity from the story of the first D&D Starter Set, "Dragon of Icespire Peak"
    adventure uses the fictional town of Phandalin on the Sword Coast as its hub.

-nice selling point for the adventure

First-ever official D&D fifth edition product designed to allow game play of groups as small as 2
    players (1 Dungeon Master & 1 Adventurer) with the introduction of sidekicks.

-cool as mentioned above
    Last edited by Kalorous; May 2nd, 2020 at 07:35. Reason: readability

Dragon of Icespire Peak (the adventure itself) is currently free on both D&D Beyond and on Fantasy Grounds until May 28th. And the Essentials Kit rules in PDF form was released this week for free too (I believe for a limited time) so you can certainly grab it at the moment

Alright, I'm taking a look through the Dragon of Icespire Peak module that is currently available to use until the end of May.

At the end of the reference manual is the DM's Crib sheet, which includes links to images from the DM's side of the Dungeon
    Master's screen as well as a pile of other links to tons of useful information. Talking about this Crib Sheet would be a much
    better selling point for the Essentials Kit than "Four-Panel, Dungeon Master's screen"

Where’s this reference manual that you mention? In the fantasy Grounds module or d&d beyond? There’s too much free stuff to possibly play through given the time allotted (at least for me!) but that certainly sounds worth checking out!

Thanks for the reply, but what I'm asking with this thread is, can we maybe see an option to buy just the adventure without the rest of the "Essentials Kit".

Though from what I've seen in the currently freely available module, everything in the whole digital Kit seems to be pretty interwoven. At least from the DM's side.

So, I guess my question has been answered. Separating the Adventure from the Kit would basically be an improbable task.

I'm talking about in Fantasy Grounds (specifically in Unity, since that's what I'm using, though it's probably in Classic as well), if you open the Library, and click on any module in the lower left window, there will be a bunch of links in the lower right window, usually near the bottom of that list is the Reference Manual.

Cheers I'll check it out. My point was that you might not need to buy it, if you can play through it in the next month then that's wonderful, if not, then I'm sure you can get the relevant info from D&D Beyond between now and then to be able to run it afterwards.

The rules and adventure are two separate modules. If you don't need the rules then don't activate the module. The rulebook for Essentials is different from the basic rules that came with LMoP in that they contain different class and race options as well as rules for Sidekicks.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah this is a bit annoying, I was hoping to pick it up separately but it seems I have to drop $30 for content I don't need, want or will ever use (i.e. everything that comes with the Adventure)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BovineOx View Post
    Yeah this is a bit annoying, I was hoping to pick it up separately but it seems I have to drop $30 for content I don't need, want or will ever use (i.e. everything that comes with the Adventure)
    Welcome to the forums

I'm pretty confident that SmiteWorks doesn't get to decide the packaging of products. Since WotC has released the kit as a what one might call a bundle, FG has to package them together as well.

I understand your desire though, I would probably buy the adventure if it was stand alone as well, but no point in worrying about it. Lots of good adventures to run as is that I don't ​need​ this one.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information