Starfinder Playlist

Step by Step Instructions to change your Portrait

Change Portrait (picture along the top of the screen)

Step 1: Download your portrait to a known location on your system

Step 2: Open the Fantasy Grounds data folder and click open the portraits folder.
    Portrait folder
    PortraitFolder.png

Step 3: Open a second folder explorer and go to the place to which you downloaded your portrait.
    Copy from one folder to another
    CopyFolders.png

Step 4: Copy your portrait from one folder to the other.
    Step 5: Launch Fantasy Grounds, join your GM's game, pick your character, then click the Portrait icon.
    Portrait icon
    SetPortrait.png

Step 6: Find your image and double-click it so it can replace the portrait (the picture along the top) auto-magically (resist the urge to drag it).

Enjoy! My apologies if this has been done, but I kept finding where to place the Portrait or how to open the folder but nothing all together.

Wow! An actually useful explanation on how to do this! I've been looking for this for a couple of weeks, on and off, but all I find are variations of "drop the image in the Portraits folder." Well yeah, but what then.

This is how you do it. Thanks Valcorin!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFlint View Post
    Wow! An actually useful explanation on how to do this! I've been looking for this for a couple of weeks, on and off, but all I find are variations of "drop the image in the Portraits folder." Well yeah, but what then.
    It's good info, but it would have been even more helpful if he included *where* that folder is. No big deal, I'm sure I can find it.

It depends on where you installed FG, and if you are using FGC or FGU. He used FGC in the example. In step 2 he has an image to show you to click on the folder button on the launcher to open the right directory.

In FGU you have more options. You can do it the same way or you could actually start the campaign you where you are going to create or update the character, then click the sideboard button "Assets" then the "Portraits" button at the top. Next at the bottom of the popup, click the folder button to open the portraits folder for FGU.

I cannot seem to figure this out for Unity. Can someone tell me where the default directories for this stuff are for Unity?
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

In the FG launch screen there is a folder icon in the top left. Click it and it will open your FG data folder.

Thread Information