5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    That is sadly not the case- my GM has started a test campaign-I own nearly all D&D 5ed Modules from FGU, but he could only see his own modules, even after I connected- here is a prtscreen of my choices6Attachment 34770
    I own for example descend into avernus and Ghosts off saltmarsh- my GM canīt find these modules on his list and canīt allow me to use them.
    I hope this is a bug and will be changed as soon as possible- thats the second try. I also tried with another GM- he coulnīt even use my Player Handbook or allow me to use it for myself. So why have I bought the books, if I canīt use them in other campaigns?
    Thanks
    Micael
    Just a notice, the modules shown are not marked as loaded, you did do that, right?

The modules I wanted to use are not on the scrprnt, because the gm couldn’t find them in his library.

Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    The modules I wanted to use are not on the scrprnt, because the gm couldn’t find them in his library.
    Ah, sorry, misunderstood that. Must be a networking issue then.

I confirmed today that modules owned by a player are available to the player in a GM's game when the GM does not own them if the GM allows it. This is the sequence of events:

1) GM loads game and sees only the modules the GM owns in the Library
    2) Player joins game and sees only what the GM owns in the Library
    3) GM now sees modules that the player owns in the Library with blank icons
    4) GM clicks both "Load" and changes the red "X" to green "Check" on player's module(s)
    5) Player can load his module(s) in the Library
    6) GM cannot access the modules he does not own

To add, the modules that the player gains access to are just the "Player" versions and not the entire book, just as you would have seen if the GM shared it originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrian View Post
    To add, the modules that the player gains access to are just the "Player" versions and not the entire book, just as you would have seen if the GM shared it originally.
    That’s sadly only Theorie but not functioning at all. Today I asked my GM to allow my complete srd files in a 3.5 campaign, but in spite of me owning them he could’nt see them in his module list and so couldn’t allow me to use them.

Best regards micael

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrian View Post
    I confirmed today that modules owned by a player are available to the player in a GM's game when the GM does not own them if the GM allows it. This is the sequence of events:

1) GM loads game and sees only the modules the GM owns in the Library
    2) Player joins game and sees only what the GM owns in the Library
    3) GM now sees modules that the player owns in the Library with blank icons
    4) GM clicks both "Load" and changes the red "X" to green "Check" on player's module(s)
    5) Player can load his module(s) in the Library
    6) GM cannot access the modules he does not own
    Is there not the following two steps as part of this process?
    2.5) Player attempts to open his own module in library
    2.75) GM sees a message stating "Module XYZ requested by player" or something like that

That is how I remember it.

It's working as intended.

The GM can share books he owns to his players.

Players can use books they own to create their characters; but any links to content in their books wont' be available to the DM or anyone else if the DM does not have that book loaded or shared.

However as noted, 99% of what you need to do - which is drag/drop spells/abilities into your actions tab and use them from there - that data is copied so you can still use it in the game even if the DM doesn't have the book. You may not be able to click on and read the description though ..

I believe this is 100% intentional and required by WotC. WotC have restrictive licensing around their content that requires SW to implement it this way, and as far as I understand it SmiteWorks have little choice in this regard. (Would love to know if my mental model around this is correct)

Usually what most long running groups do is pool funds for the DM to be able to purchase the books themselves.

We need the devs to comment on this.

In FGC there is specific functionality to allow a player to request access to library modules they own, but the GM doesn't, and the GM can allow a player access to their local modules.

It's not working in FGU, that much is clear - that may be by design, there were issues implementing it, it will be looked at in future, or some other reason.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ah sounds like my understanding is flawed, thanks Trenloe.

Thread Information