DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

How can I use owned books as player in gm campaign?

Hi,

I want to use all of my owned books in creating a new pc, even if my gm is not owning the books, any ideas? I own a ultimate license.

If I import char from other campaigns- are they copies or the original?
    Can I use them with features / spells/ feats etc
    from my owned books even if the gm is
    not owning them ? How?
    Thanks

The GM has to go into the Library and enable access to those books for you. Even though you own them, they have to give permission to load in their game.

Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    If I import char from other campaigns- are they copies or the original?
    Class, background and race are links to the original data and you’ll need that source open to be able to access it.

Data like items, spells, feats, etc. is copied to the PC sheet and can be used without access to the original source.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    The GM has to go into the Library and enable access to those books for you. Even though you own them, they have to give permission to load in their game.
    My books are missing in the library of the gm because he is not owning them? So he can‘t give them free, other solutions?

Blog Entries
    When you are connected, the books should show without icons. But only when you are connected. Then s/he can go in and place the green check on them and then you will be able to load them.

Or at least that is how it is supposed to work. If it's not, please post screen shots of both your and your GMs module activation screens WHILE you are connected to them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Class, background and race are links to the original data and you’ll need that source open to be able to access it.

Data like items, spells, feats, etc. is copied to the PC sheet and can be used without access to the original source.
    My question was, if I import a char into another campaign and lvl him up: will the original be there in the old campaign still be there with one lvl less?

Quote Originally Posted by micael View Post
    My question was, if I import a char into another campaign and lvl him up: will the original be there in the old campaign still be there with one lvl less?
    Sorry for misunderstanding your question.

PCs imported into a campaign are copies, there is no link to the original.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    When you are connected, the books should show without icons. But only when you are connected. Then s/he can go in and place the green check on them and then you will be able to load them.

Or at least that is how it is supposed to work. If it's not, please post screen shots of both your and your GMs module activation screens WHILE you are connected to them.
    That is sadly not the case- my GM has started a test campaign-I own nearly all D&D 5ed Modules from FGU, but he could only see his own modules, even after I connected- here is a prtscreen of my choices6printFG.jpg
    I own for example descend into avernus and Ghosts off saltmarsh- my GM canīt find these modules on his list and canīt allow me to use them.
    I hope this is a bug and will be changed as soon as possible- thats the second try. I also tried with another GM- he coulnīt even use my Player Handbook or allow me to use it for myself. So why have I bought the books, if I canīt use them in other campaigns?
    Thanks
    Micael

"he coulnīt even use my Player Handbook"

Note that the GM should not be able to use any of your books. All of the sharing happens from the GM out to the Players. With the addition that should a Player have additional books, the GM should be able to allow that Player to load it. (Note the should as you seem to be having issues even doing this part)

Ok, thanks for the answer, but thss as ts not only me, we are 5 players who all have the same problem- could’ve use our own books with different gms. Is there a option to allow that or is it really a bug?

Thread Information