FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Current HP Extension for 5E Ruleset - FGU Version

MODERATOR: Reported not compatible with current ruleset code as of 2021-02-16.

As Tielc has given the community permission to do so, I have recently updated the Current HP Extension to work with Fantasy Grounds Unity and fixed some general inconsistencies in the original version.

Original version thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...for-5E-Ruleset

Changes and additions:

• works with FGU (as of Early Access - current version April 29, 2020)
    • no longer have to hover over Current HP field to have it adjust other values automatically
    • when Max HP is changed, Wounds reset to 0 (had to do this to make all the other values update correctly)
    • characters' Current HP will be updated upon opening character sheet for the first time after adding extension to existing campaigns
    • changed version number to 3.0 and added notation on startup message
    • changed filename to: "Current HP FGU.ext"

Usage: See the video in the original version thread for information on how to use this extension.

This version has not been tested with Fantasy Grounds Classic but I suspect it would work fine. -- *NOTE: It does as long as you're not running Critically Awesome Essentials. At least for now. Trying to figure this out...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; February 17th, 2021 at 03:41. Reason: grammar and extra bullet point

Thank you for making this work for Unity. I have a player that is visually impaired and has a hard time finding what to roll. This has eased the their frustration immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    Thank you for making this work for Unity. I have a player that is visually impaired and has a hard time finding what to roll. This has eased the their frustration immensely.
    That's great to hear!

Thanks for tackling this! I may have found a bug though, it looks like if you drag a roll/number onto the HP window, it replaces the current HP number instead of summing them. I don't recall the original doing this. [Edit: Meh, maybe it did. Regardless of this, it's still nice to be able to quickly click and type adjustments again!.]
    Last edited by Kirzai; May 3rd, 2020 at 05:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirzai View Post
    Thanks for tackling this! I may have found a bug though, it looks like if you drag a roll/number onto the HP window, it replaces the current HP number instead of summing them. I don't recall the original doing this. [Edit: Meh, maybe it did. Regardless of this, it's still nice to be able to quickly click and type adjustments again!.]
    Thanks. I’ve never tried such a thing. I’ll look into it.

Any chance you could get this working for 4E ruleset?

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Any chance you could get this working for 4E ruleset?
    I'm not sure what it would take as I didn't write the original extension. I suspect it relies on the 5E ruleset code and therefore won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by zuilin View Post
    This version has not been tested with Fantasy Grounds Classic but I suspect it would work fine. -- *NOTE: It does as long as you're not running Critically Awesome Essentials. At least for now. Trying to figure this out...
    Can I Just confirm if this .ext works with 'Critically Awesome Essentials' in the UNITY environment.. The above statement is mentioning 'Classic' but has left me confused about the .ext clash in Unity ?

I also am curious if this works with Unity if we have DiabloBob's CAE?

Thread Information