DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Im asking about the one you posted
    Oh.. lol... That is the sister program Wonderdraft! My hex maps if you were interested is from Worldographer.

Quote Originally Posted by quikdagger View Post
    Oh.. lol... That is the sister program Wonderdraft! My hex maps if you were interested is from Worldographer.
    I was wondering I picked up DungeonDRAFT and might just do the same with WonderDRAFT. I don't do a lot of world/regional mapping tho.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I was wondering I picked up DungeonDRAFT and might just do the same with WonderDRAFT. I don't do a lot of world/regional mapping tho.
    It is pretty good. Personally i prefer hex maps because I am all about the hexcrawl but wonderdraft is amazing.

Just running this module at the moment and have noticed a couple of errors with these maps.

The regional map has Shadowdale in the wrong place, mainly because the map included in the module is wrong! It should be on the eastern side of the bridge of the Ashaba River, not on the western side near the junction with the Tethyamar Trail. If you look in the Forgotten Realms Campaign guide, then the local map of Shadowdale shows the bridge on the western boundary of the village. Volo's guide to the Dalelands has the attached map which shows the correct location. Putting it there makes the size of the encounter tables for the North Ride and Tethyamar Trail make more sense. Also a slight typo in 'Desertmouth Mountains"

shadowdalelocation.png

In the 'Shraevyns Tomb' map, the 8 alcoves in the left hand side room are not directly visible when the party enters the room, but have secret doors in front of them.

Obviously these aren't showstoppers, but thought you might want to tweak them. Thanks for making them - haven't had a chance to get up to speed with Dungeondraft myself yet and these are hugely better than the ones in the module!

Cheers,

TFG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingGribble View Post
    Just running this module at the moment and have noticed a couple of errors with these maps.

The regional map has Shadowdale in the wrong place, mainly because the map included in the module is wrong! It should be on the eastern side of the bridge of the Ashaba River, not on the western side near the junction with the Tethyamar Trail. If you look in the Forgotten Realms Campaign guide, then the local map of Shadowdale shows the bridge on the western boundary of the village. Volo's guide to the Dalelands has the attached map which shows the correct location. Putting it there makes the size of the encounter tables for the North Ride and Tethyamar Trail make more sense. Also a slight typo in 'Desertmouth Mountains"

shadowdalelocation.png

In the 'Shraevyns Tomb' map, the 8 alcoves in the left hand side room are not directly visible when the party enters the room, but have secret doors in front of them.

Obviously these aren't showstoppers, but thought you might want to tweak them. Thanks for making them - haven't had a chance to get up to speed with Dungeondraft myself yet and these are hugely better than the ones in the module!

Cheers,

TFG
    We have to use the source materials when making FG versions. Unless WotC issues a correction, I'm not sure if Smiteworks would be able to address it aside from perhaps making a DM's Note or something similar at a relevant point in the module.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    We have to use the source materials when making FG versions. Unless WotC issues a correction, I'm not sure if Smiteworks would be able to address it aside from perhaps making a DM's Note or something similar at a relevant point in the module.
    Thanks John. Understood about the official maps shipped via the FG store but in this thread the OP and another person published replacement maps they’d created in Dungeondraft/Wonderdraft. I was suggesting those could be fixed without falling foul of the rules.

Blog Entries
    Thanks John. Understood about the official maps shipped via the FG store but in this thread the OP and another person published replacement maps they’d created in Dungeondraft/Wonderdraft. I was suggesting those could be fixed without falling foul of the rules.
    Ah... well that's what I get for skipping my morning mug of coffee.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The regional map has Shadowdale in the wrong place.....
    Interesting i was just asking something similar about the location of Daggerford on the FG Classic DnD Discord channel. Some official maps shows the city North or South of the River...

The text from the updated Forgotten Realms Campaign setting specifically has it on the south side of the ford:
    Attached Images Attached Images

TFG
    Thanks for using the map. I´m glad you enjoy it - here´s a new version with doors/walls Also thanks for pointing that out to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AlterZwerg; July 13th, 2020 at 18:30. Reason: Fixed Attachement

Thread Information