DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last
    I'm UTC +2, so I'm one hour in front of you fine folks from the UK.

Technically, I'm usually free whenever, apart from Wednesday and Saturday. I'd love to see how a pro handles FG SWADE, as I am relatively new to the ruleset. As for setting: I like cyberpunk, post-apo, and scifi, but I'm happy to just be a part of the game.

If we wanna decide on a topic together (I'd also be totally fine with being surprised), there's something I'd like to suggest. I recently saw a podcast from the German SWADE publisher (Ulisses), where they showed an interesting procedure to generate a setting in three (and a half-ish) steps:
    1. Everyone names three words that can contribute to a setting, be it a theme, a topic, a factor like a race, a potential BBEG, or whatever. Words cannot be double, and shouldn't be too similar. Write them all up.
    2. Everyone names one word from the list they'd like to banish. Strike those out. They are the outruled.
    3. Everyone name one word they want to highlight. Mark them. They're the primaries.

The terms you didn't highlight or rule out stay as secondaries. That leaves you with X primary terms and X secondary terms, where X is the number of participants. Use them to specify your setting. It must include all primaries, may include any number of secondaries, and must exclude all outruled. You probably already thought loudly, proposed, and talked about the setting while coming up with the terms, so this is the half-ish step. In the end, you should have one sentence answers to all of the three following questions:
    1. Who are the characters?
    2. What do they try to achieve?
    3. What or who stands in their way?

That way you have enough framework to not end up in a void or simulation, but enough freedom to bring yourself in.
    In the first example they generated the following setting:
    1. They play mecha-toys in a toyshop, that have come to live due to a crashed UFO.
    2. They seek to find artifacts from the crash site.
    3. They are opposed by the plush bears.

That turned into a hilarious game session btw. On the second run, they made a gritty post-apo setting, which shows that it doesn't have to end in slapstick.
    Screenshot_2020-04-29 Wir bauen eine Welt - Savage Worlds mit Michael - YouTube.png
    Primaries: Samurai, Mechas, Spaceships, Plushbears.
    Secondaries: War, Dinosaurs, Ninja, Lasers.
    Outruled: Vampirecyborgsquidpeople, Cowboys, 80ies, Space, Dragons.
    They streamed it and included the chat, which is why they had one word more than to be expected. Here's the full video if you're interested: YouTube.

Edit: P.S.: Nvm, I totally overread that part about pre-existing settings. I'd like Interface Zero, Nemezis, or Deadlands Noir, in that order. But as I said: I'm happy with anything as long as I can play with you =)
    Edit 2: P.P.S.: I just bought the Scifi and Superhero companion, so I can make a character on my own with those contents if you want. I do not posses any of the settings I mentioned above, though I might be able to find someone who can tell me about the setting specific edges, etc.
    Last edited by Tommycore; April 29th, 2020 at 13:17.

Right Dates and Settings...

Looking at the calendar, please let me know availability for the following dates:

5th, 6th, 11th, 12th, 13th May (I can add later dates if needed but hopefully that maybe a second session)

Please choose a setting (these are here because I know I have adventures I can run/modify for these already):

Deadlands: Lost Colony/Hell on Earth/Reloaded (choose one please ;P)
    ETU
    Rippers Resurrected
    50 Fathoms
    Dark Times in Saxfordshire (My own Modern Horror setting)
    -------------------------------------------
    Interface Zero 3.0 ruleset is "completed" but I'm afraid I have no real interest in the setting right now... maybe one day.
    Deadlands Noir - I am running a game of that on the 9th May, so would need more time to create another adventure for that!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

All of those dates are good for me.

I'd be most interested in Deadlands: Lost Colony or Reloaded, ETU, Rippers Resurrected and Dark Times in Saxfordshire.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think I am good on all those dates.
    On 6 or 13 I could leave work early to make the start time (instead of 20ish minutes late.)

If you accept Finns, I could join 5th and/or 6th days and I personally I would be interested in ETU and 50 Fathoms settings but I am omnivore in case of settings
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Right, I have created a calendar and a first date: 6th May 09:00 (UTC+1), please join

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=4746

This will be a Deadlands Lost Colony Game (to make me hurry up and finish adapting the book to FG), other settings will follow
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Great stuff. Looking forward to it!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ikael and Trenloe accepted

Characters (will add as they are made):

Jesse Cain - Pilot/Driver/Ace: https://savaged.us/s/xv6zoe2g

Feel free to change the names/gender/portraits for the characters if you feel so inclined, if you want to "nab" a character let me know
    Last edited by Doswelk; April 30th, 2020 at 09:59.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    Right, I have created a calendar and a first date: 6th May 09:00 (UTC+1), please join
    /done =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    This will be a Deadlands Lost Colony Game
    Awesome. Deadlands HoE and LC would have been my top choices. Really looking forward to it. Is there anything we can do to play into your hands? Read up on something for example?

If you have access to Deadlands Lost Colony, then reading up on the setting would give you a background knowledge, but it is not necessary.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information