STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 21 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Great work seansps. BTW more updates is even more reason to Forge list it.
    Thanks damned! That’s true- considering the auto-updates— think it’s nearing ready to do so! Once I finish entering my own data and make sure all bases are covered I’ll submit it! Should be any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Two updates in a day might be too much but I just uploaded a v0.12 to add support for Weapon Quality.

• New "quality" field for Items that will display if the type is Melee or Ranged Weapon
    • If quality is "excellent" all attacks get a +1 bonus with it
    • If quality is "poor" the "Jammed" effect is added to the attacker if it is a ranged weapon and they roll a 1 (critical failure)
    • Per the above, the rules make it sound like this applies to melee weapons too, but states it takes an action to "unjam" the weapon, which to me makes no sense for melee weapons. I have thus only coded this for Ranged weapons, but please chime in if I am wrong!
    • Better lifepath stacking of fields. Rep Events, Aliases, Rolebased LP, and Notes boxes now expand to fit more. More room for details on enemies/friends.

Excellent work, Seansp!
    If there's one game that's crying out for an FGU version, it's Cyberpunk Red. I'm so excited to see one being developed. I would love to see it get an official licence, and also for your hard work to get the Eurobucks that it deserves.

You should check out the official R. Talsorian Discord for further rules clarification, and I would also highly recommend the JonJon The Wise YouTube channel, especially the Night City Council episodes, where James Hutt (one of the designers of Cyberpunk Red) gives some interesting insights on the subtleties of the system (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYG8...sAc2odly1sGMVs).

By the way, melee weapons can roll a critical failure. By rolling a 1, the blade can get bent, or the handle falls off, while an action will be required to fix the issue, according to the free, official Cyberpunk FAQ on the R. Talorsion site (https://rtalsoriangames.com/wp-conte...ookFAQv1.3.pdf).

Another thing to note about a critical failure: if it's a ranged attack, the weapon still fires off a shot before it jams -- it may not mean much if it were just a bullet being fired off, but it could get messy if it were a shot from a grenade launcher. :-)

Here's another rule that I had missed: on page five of the FAQ, it mentions that critical injuries from a single martial art attack can stack. That's right: if you were to roll two 6s when executing a successful bone-breaking strike, that would mean a broken rib critical injury, along with another injury rolled on the body injuries table (that will also mean a +10 of bonus damage for those two crits). By that logic, it would also mean that aiming a shot at a leg could also generate two critical injuries if the shot were to hit and two 6s were to be rolled (but I guess that's the payoff if you are willing to take a -8 to hit).

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Fleet Foot; May 2nd, 2022 at 02:22.

Thank you Fleet Foot!

I'll definitely check out those resources, sounds great, and thanks for the clarifications! For my next release I'll add a Malfunction effect for Crit Fails on Poor Quality Melee weapons.

That's really interesting about martial arts + critical injuries! Should be supported w/ how I have it now. Damage would be done from the Attacks on the Main Tab (applying any injury automatically if the supporting module is loaded) and then the Ability can be coded for "Bone-Breaking Strike" to add the effect of that to the target!

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Hi all, I've went ahead and moved everything to the Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/632/view
    Please let me know if there are any issues with the Forge version, and I'll fix promptly!

v1.2 should be live NOW and a v1.2 fix (jumped the gun on uploading v1.1, and spun up a v1.2 to follow) is going up soon too.

v1.0:
    - Changes Weapon Jammed to "Weapon Malfunction" and does this when Poor Quality weapons roll a Critical Failure (Melee OR Ranged)

v1.2 (Now Live!):
    - New NPCs that default to Mook/Grunt that were added to the Combat Tracker were not showing their Armor values. FIXED.
    - Clicking and dragging NPCs IN the CT to copy them in CT caused an error. FIXED.
    - Clicking and dragging items to Armor or Weapons prior to clicking on the Inventory tab didn't auto-equip. FIXED.
    Last edited by seansps; May 2nd, 2022 at 23:35. Reason: v1.2 is up

A v1.3 is now Live on the Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/632/view

v1.3:
    - If a roll was hidden by the GM and it exploded, it was unhidden (whoops!). FIXED.

Great work on the Cyberpunk RED ruleset! Looking forward to seeing it improve and become a great ruleset for a TTRPG.

Quote Originally Posted by t3xx3r View Post
    Great work on the Cyberpunk RED ruleset! Looking forward to seeing it improve and become a great ruleset for a TTRPG.
    Thanks t3xx3r!

I had a lot of fun making it and hope to test it more thoroughly soon with my group!

I just posted an updated to the Forge:

• The "Skill:Wardrobe & Style 1" Effect was not working. FIXED.
    • The Cyberware bonus for "Wardrobe & Style:1" was broken for the same reason. FIXED.

Second hotfix does:
    • Critical Injuries were being applied erroneously for Electricity, Drug, and Direct damage types. FIXED.
    Last edited by seansps; May 5th, 2022 at 19:28.

Hi @seansps,
    I'm having a lot of fun to convert Italian Red Rulebook for playing on FGU and considering that I love the theme style I would like to suggest to change the assets bag with something more tech :-)

Assets Bag.PNG

Obviously without haste as I realize that it is only a question of "elegance" and does not impact the game system.

Again and again thx for your work and patience
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

​​​
    Quote Originally Posted by redba View Post
    Hi @seansps,
    I'm having a lot of fun to convert Italian Red Rulebook for playing on FGU and considering that I love the theme style I would like to suggest to change the assets bag with something more tech :-)

Assets Bag.PNG

Obviously without haste as I realize that it is only a question of "elegance" and does not impact the game system.

Again and again thx for your work and patience
    Thanks redba! That’s a good idea- I’ll give it some thought and find a good graphic to use there!
    Last edited by seansps; May 6th, 2022 at 13:57.

Thread Information