FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 25 First 123412 ... Last
    Hi Hi Houndy !

is it possible to convert this extension for PF2 too ?

S.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasmira View Post
    Hi Hi Houndy !

is it possible to convert this extension for PF2 too ?

S.
    I know very little about pathfinder. Does it have similar skill system? Does it let you do grapples etc?

If the grapple system is not similar to 5e:

After my 0.2 release I can look into converting my 0.1x release into PF2.

If it is, I can look into converting my 0.2x release into PF2.

Not 100% promise, at the moment I have lots of time but that might change shortly

Quote Originally Posted by Houndy View Post
    I know very little about pathfinder. Does it have similar skill system? Does it let you do grapples etc?

If the grapple system is not similar to 5e:

After my 0.2 release I can look into converting my 0.1x release into PF2.

If it is, I can look into converting my 0.2x release into PF2.

Not 100% promise, at the moment I have lots of time but that might change shortly
    For me yes, we have skill like 5E or 3.5/PF and grapple
    example : https://pf2.easytool.es/index.php?id...kill%20actions

BRUH.
    Absolute legend. I JUST made a thread asking for exactly this, only to find out you had made this literally just over a week ago. Talk about lucky!

Hi Houndy.

I just wanted to say thanks for this extension. It has made a massive difference to running a campaign. Gone are the endless cycle of my requesting a roll of some sort from one or more players only to go through a lot of "Who me?" chat . I am also loving the option to trigger saves for npc's from a player's action. It was really unintuitive for my players who are new to roleplaying that they would cast a spell at a mob ... see a dice roll ... get a 20 and cheer ... only to be reminded that it was the mob's saving throw and not a ranged spell attack roll. This separates out the steps of the action in such a way that it is clear what is happening.

So again, thank you!

No problem Bracken and Hobo Box, thank you for the thanks .

Little Update for everyone:

Unfortunately my PC died and its been a bit of a nightmare to get parts/fix it in the pandemic. Have now got my PC up and running and set up.

Was in the middle of improving performance and adding small UI options.

I have also been PMed a bug which I will look at.

I have had to resetup my campaign for my players and that is taking a long time! (From now on have autosynch of campaign data to google drive!!!). But will hopefully get an update out Tuesday/Wednesday .

New version:

• New icon graphics added for 5E theme and core side buttons / colored button theme. THANK YOU TO ZUILIN FOR PROVIDING THESE!
      • Added the option to turn off the RFIA button in the corner if users want to instead just use the slash commands.
      • Modifier stack in the roll for initiative screen not clearing. - Fixed
      • Unintendified mobs are revealed to the player on the roll screen - Fixed
      • Request roll screen no longer uses filters - major update to try help improve speed of opening the window.

Minor update after playing last night and some feedback:

0.16:
    - Removed accidentally left in debug messages.
    - Corrected some inconsistencies in the wording.

Hi Houndy. I am fully aware that you have decided to write this for FGU. Is that because you are making use of some functionality only in FGU? I only ask because I have had to switch back to using FGC and really don’t want to lose this extension.

Hi Houndy,

I tried loading RFIA in in FGC and it threw an error ... but I think I managed to fix it .

I know you are not intending to support FGC but here is what I found:

An error was raised in scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua. (Script Error: [string "scripts/rfia_roll_manager.lua"]:84: getChild: Invalid argument)

The functions getAbilitiesNode, getSavesNode, getSaveoverridesNode, getSkillsNode, getExtrasNode and getDiceNode all report the same problem with the call to DB.getChild. Scanning through the code I could see that all other uses of DB.getChild were of the format:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root", ROLLS);

whereas in the 6 functions above they all use something like:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS .. "." .. ABILITIES);

i.e. one parameter rather than two. Now I have never used Lua before but have and do code in many other languages so I took a punt at changing the calls as follows:

return DB.getChild("RFIA_Root." .. ROLLS, ABILITIES);

And hey, presto! The extension now appears to work in FGC.

I am guessing that there is a difference in the implementation of DB.getChild between FGC and FGU as FGU obviously does not raise an error.

Anyway, still loving this extension and glad that it appears to work very well in FGC.

Thread Information