FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 25 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Working great in FGU. This really streamlines GMing, thanks

I've pointed out this extension to our DM in the hope that we get it for our game.

Would it be possible to add a button for "passive check" so it can be applied for any skill, not just the perception currently on the party sheet? So, for example, the DM might want to see at a glance the 10 + X result for the whole party. We're using this rule as a way to save some rolling for DCs that might be routine/obvious/repetitive checks for the group overall to speed up overall play. (We've got other things in place to not completely take way player agency, btw).

The way I see it for this to work, is that the roll result (as per the RAW) is automatically 10, and the results printed in the console appropriately for the selected characters (also taking into account the hidden option).

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    I've pointed out this extension to our DM in the hope that we get it for our game.

Would it be possible to add a button for "passive check" so it can be applied for any skill, not just the perception currently on the party sheet? So, for example, the DM might want to see at a glance the 10 + X result for the whole party. We're using this rule as a way to save some rolling for DCs that might be routine/obvious/repetitive checks for the group overall to speed up overall play. (We've got other things in place to not completely take way player agency, btw).

The way I see it for this to work, is that the roll result (as per the RAW) is automatically 10, and the results printed in the console appropriately for the selected characters (also taking into account the hidden option).
    I think that passive checks are built into the Party Sheet, are they not? (I don't use them very often.)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical Failure View Post
    Hey. Sorry, yeah. We're all on the latest of FGU and using the latest of the RFIA extension, I believe 0.19 (also tried 0.18). The only other extension is the better UI menu extension and it is the latest version as well.
    I think it might be Better Menu doing this. Have you tested without it?

Quote Originally Posted by zuilin View Post
    I think that passive checks are built into the Party Sheet, are they not? (I don't use them very often.)
    I'm not familiar with the GM side of the party sheet interface, but looking at the docs I'm not sure it handles more than Perception? Plus it doesn't have the wonderful skills setup and options this extension has.

Hmm, I suppose I could look at what it would take to extend this extension.

This is a really fantastic enhancement to the original RFI! I was just looking for something that would let my PCs roll their own saves and your adaptation of it is fantastic. Thanks for your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
    I'm not familiar with the GM side of the party sheet interface, but looking at the docs I'm not sure it handles more than Perception? Plus it doesn't have the wonderful skills setup and options this extension has.

Hmm, I suppose I could look at what it would take to extend this extension.
    I helped Houndy with some changes and some icons and such a while back. The big problem right now is I can’t seem to get a hold of Houndy. If you wanted to expand on this extension, you would need his permission.
    Last edited by zuilin; October 5th, 2020 at 20:09.

Quote Originally Posted by zuilin View Post
    I helped Houndy with some changes and some icons in such a wild back problem the big problem right now is I can’t seem to get a hold of Houndy. If you wanted to expand on this extension, you would need his permission.
    Oh, for sure, if I wanted to release any changes I did. I haven't looked into how it all works with extensions development yet, so I'm not sure what's required or if it's possible to do what I want.

I'm not in a rush anyway, since if our group wants to use it, we'll try this version first and see how we like it, etc before progressing any further.

I can confirm that this conflicts with Better Menu and will not work when the two are loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by dmbrown View Post
    I can confirm that this conflicts with Better Menu and will not work when the two are loaded.
    Just writing to confirm this - when I unloaded my Better Menus extension then this one worked but otherwise my players did not get the pop up to roll their own saves. using FGU
    Fantasy Grounds D&D Adventurers League Consultant
    Organizer, DungeonMaster , and TTRPG Gamer

Thread Information