FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 25 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Here is an example of the double effect.

The first roll was just a normal dex save (2 from dex). All is good.

The second roll and the window in the center show a [cover +2] twice. The center window shows a +4 (2 for cover and 2 for dex) in the box but the bar above it shows an additional [+2 cover] which is causing the doubling. This only affects auto save override with modifiers in the CT. If I request a save then all is calculated correctly.
    Is this still doing it? Because I can't make it happen.

I goto RFIA++ and request a save roll with the player clicking "cover" and putting +2 in the mods, it comes out +9 (+5 for prof +2 cover + 2 mod).
    I do a manual roll with the player clicking before I roll it, cover, +2 mods, it comes out +9.

I found out the issue is only with manual override turned on, where the PCs/NPCs roll their on requested rolls.

Turning this off fixed the problem but, at least now I can see the issue.
    Last edited by MrDDT; December 17th, 2020 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Houndy View Post
    snip first post

Do you think you can change it so the DC is not shown when rolled at all? Just success or failure if we have it so "show DC to players" is off?

The chat output displayed to players is still

XYZ : [SAVE] Ability [Effects #] Total#
    Save [#][vs. DC#] -> [for XYZ] [Success/Failure]

What I'm looking for is the same for the DM as above but the players would see
    XYZ : [SAVE] Ability [Effects #] Total#
    Save [#] -> [for XYZ] [Success/Failure]

Yes. Sorry I was not clear. This is when you override the auto saves in FGU. It seems to take be taking the information from the CT and adding the modifiers twice.

Everything works when you send a request for a roll just not the auto override from combat and the CT.

Is there a way to game the system and give a player, say, +1 for cover? Not ideal, but if it always does it, that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Agamon View Post
    Is there a way to game the system and give a player, say, +1 for cover? Not ideal, but if it always does it, that should work.
    That is just one example of the duplication that is occurring. Basically, any bonus in the CT (like cover, Auras ext, Adv effects ext, etc..) will come through doubled. So this quick fix will not really work.

On a related note, I noticed in the thread that this addon was changed to pick up npcs from the CT and that was not the original function of the base ext it was built from. So maybe that change in coding is looping through the pcs adjustment as well as the npcs and picking the pcs adjustment up from the CT twice. Just a thought.

Anyone know how to edit this so I can make the default setting for "Hide Sidebar Button" to on? instead of off?

When it is set to off, it doesn't give people the pop ups like it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Anyone know how to edit this so I can make the default setting for "Hide Sidebar Button" to on? instead of off?

When it is set to off, it doesn't give people the pop ups like it used to.
    Change the .ext to be .zip and extract everything. In the scripts folder open the rfia_options_manager.lua and look for the following line:

Code:
    	OptionsManager.registerOption2(rfiaHideSidebarButtonKey, true, "RFIA_option_header", "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button", "option_entry_cycler", 
    		{ labels = "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button_on", values = "on", baselabel = "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button_off", baseval = "off", default = "off"
    change default to be on. Save, zip up the root and change the file extension back from .zip to .ext then put it back in your extension folder.

Having "Hide Sidebar Button" set to "ON" should also take care of RFIA not working with Better Menus from Celestian.
    Last edited by grimmlock; December 27th, 2020 at 15:34.

Quote Originally Posted by grimmlock View Post
    Change the .ext to be .zip and extract everything. In the scripts folder open the rfia_options_manager.lua and look for the following line:

Code:
    	OptionsManager.registerOption2(rfiaHideSidebarButtonKey, true, "RFIA_option_header", "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button", "option_entry_cycler", 
    		{ labels = "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button_on", values = "on", baselabel = "RFIA_hide_sidebar_button_off", baseval = "off", default = "off"
    change default to be on. Save, zip up the root and change the file extension back from .zip to .ext then put it back in your extension folder.

Having "Hide Sidebar Button" set to "ON" should also take care of RFIA not working with Better Menus from Celestian.
    Thanks a lot. Yeah once I figured out that will make it work with BetterMenus I wanted to change the default =P

okay first off I am not a coder. I have tried to fix the issue with Cos to read CON. I can unzip the file, change it. But believe it or not I am unable rezip it. Could someone please be kind enough to posts the fix here.

Quote Originally Posted by espanRebel View Post
    okay first off I am not a coder. I have tried to fix the issue with Cos to read CON. I can unzip the file, change it. But believe it or not I am unable rezip it. Could someone please be kind enough to posts the fix here.
    Attached file has both the CON change and the change above about making the menu button not show by default.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information