5E Character Create Playlist

Creating an Extension for a official Ruleset.

Good day all,

Just a quick question. If there is an officially launched ruleset, and you want to create an extension to add a few QoL features to it. Can the extension be made if you do not actually have the PAK file for the ruleset in question?

For example, I am looking in my Ruleset folder, but I have rulesets missing from the list. But they are found in the vault folder.
    I can see several official rulesets in ruleset folder, ie Savage Worlds, fate, PFRPG etc. So, is that some form of protection for 3rd party rulesets maybe?

So, I guess the real question is, can extensions be created for rulesets that are only in the vault folder?
    Thanks!

Yes, you can create extensions for any ruleset.

The gotcha being that you don't have access to the ruleset code in the vaults - so control\windowclass names and positions you might need access to aren't available to you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information