5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I've put the code into a extension bundle so folks can look at what I'm doing and make suggestions. This is CoreRPG. Should work with any CoreRPG layered ruleset.

There are still a few outstanding issues I'd like to resolve. One of which is I want these to overlay ALL windows but not sure how to get to that point yet. For example if you have the Combat Tracker below the menu buttons the list of menus will be placed below the CT, not over it.

Keep in mind I am not planning to keep this extension maintained, it's just proof of concept work seeking feedback.

(Removed the attached extension, please use the better version of it found here.)
    Last edited by celestian; May 22nd, 2020 at 19:33.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

So I got the bulk of the topics sorted out but there is one lingering option that escapes me.

Is it possible to set a panel as "ALWAYS ON TOP" of any window?

I've tried various options to bring it to the front but none of those work with panels. Right now, for example, the Menu/Records drop downs will be placed behind the Combat Tracker window... which is quite annoying as I like to have the CT at the top (just under them).

Here is a short video to what I've working so far.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Well, it seems to be working now after a 3rd re-write.

Since there isn't any built in functionality for this sorta thing (layer placement of windows) it required a little bit of work with individual windows and moving them about but... user won't know any better.
    ---

So I'm having the opposite problem, and not to hijack your thread (I love this concept by the way), but can you share what you did to be always on top?
    I bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilemann View Post
    So I'm having the opposite problem, and not to hijack your thread (I love this concept by the way), but can you share what you did to be always on top?
    Are you talking about the menu buttons? The way I did that was to make them their own window (the drop downs). In effect its spawning a window that is minimized when not active. To be fair it's not always on top, it just opens on-top when used. It's much like the Combat Tracker window, when you open it, it's on top.

Panels are ... not a easy to deal with and other than the buttons themselves I don't use them for anything else (the panel for buttons allow the menu to be moved). They certainly don't have any means of changing the position (Z axis if you will) more than a very rudimentary level. I found that using <bounds> instead of the <anchored> options for panels that it would place it on a higher level than some of the other panels. My doing that for the characterlist (portraits) and dicetower they would then show up ON TOP of a "desktop view" map/image.

But, programmatically moving them above others was not a option in the API that I could find.
    ---

Thread Information