STAR TREK 2d20
Page 19 of 41 First ... 9171819202129 ... Last
    @BriantFlint and Jorune

I have committed a new version that should get defense totals to update correctly with the stat added in without additional ranks that would offset costs on the character sheet. Similar treatment was done with the health cycler as well. I'm not sure if the stat should be able to be changed on defenses, but left it open for possible homebrew and the like. The combat update was geared to ensuring the original combat system was in and was copied from the original code. The only update I did do was adding in the base DCs. It was available in the original code, but was never used. Thought this was a huge help as you just need to focus on adding in the correct modifiers moving forward. This is also applicable to NPC attack lines. I have updated the NPCs to reflect this (some attack lines might be wrong and wish someone to help in getting those correct or relay those are done right).

5. Not seeing conditions being shown in the Health column of the Combat Tracker... that was an original function and, I thought, part of your new version... am I mistaken on that last part?
    I will need elaboration on this as the conditions should show in effects on the combat tracker. If that is not what you are referring to, then I need more information and possibly some pictures as to what you are pointing at as missing.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

@superteddy57

Wow, quick work! I just downloaded the latest update, and the Defenses section issue still seems to remain. I started a new character, thinking maybe what I was seeing was holding over with the existing character, but the Attribute stat still isn't populating from the main tab. I was wondering myself about whether the Attribute type in the Stat column should be changeable, but it was originally, and like you I figured it was OK for the sake of flexibility.

I tried the combat and it still seems to be adding 10 or 15. I'm actually not opposed to adding in the two base DCs (interesting that it was in the old code but never used), but then the Adjust. bubble would need to be removed from the Effect DC line (otherwise too many people would fill it in and wonder why their numbers were so big, lol). Is it easier to make the code inactive again, or to remove the bubble? if we were voting, I'd say go with whatever is easiest.

After a couple of attempts I started to get the previous problem of the Effect DC die doing nothing – roll it over the target, roll it into the Chat window, double click on it, it just returns errors no result. I have screen shots of these, if you think they'd help, but I'm thinking maybe I need to start afresh campaign again. Is that the standard practice for this sort of testing? I don't mind, except it's sort of time consuming to have to keep inputting PC and NPC info... but that's my next step.

The Combat Tracker heath stuff seems to be working... it may have been an artifact of using a non-fresh campaign last time.

I should also note that under the Attacks section of the Combat tab, the down arrow button isn't working to close up the detail lines of each attack, from three lines to one.

OK, I'm going to try a fresh campaign and Valcorin and I are going to do some more thourough testing at 18:00 Pacific time (about two hours from now).

Thanks!

I don't believe the new update to fix the defenses is currently pushed to the Test server. There is review step that needs to be performed and may take some time to get to you. As I mentioned prior the Base DC is set to add to the roll by default. The original code had it in there, but was omitted for some reason. I'm not sure of the reasoning, that would require the original developer to step in and explain the logic. I personally like the base DCs being already in place. Just need to add the modifier and off you go. The Adjust bubble could be a misc bonus area if you so choose to use it. The Effect DC die button doesn't do anything besides report to the chat the DC. If you click and drag it to the NPC, it should then go through a resistance roll. I will see if I can get some gifs up to show you what I see.
    Last edited by superteddy57; June 5th, 2020 at 00:08.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

@BrianFlint if you know xml at all, you can copy your npcs and PCs from one campaign xml to the next, then it will only take you a few minutes each new campaign you make
    FGU Standard License Holder.

Currently Running:

You can also export custom created content from campaigns if I’m not mistaken. Under the Data tab at the bottom there’s an export button, then just select which items to export, then it adds it as a module you can load in other games.

Correct, it can be exported, but best to be careful as with the Test version we are changing things quite a bit and the DB might need a fresh creation once we have settled on the Live version of the ruleset.

@BrianFlint If you are doing testing, I'd like to sit in on it if possible and discuss things with you. Just please pm me your discord name with #number and I'll send you a message.
    Last edited by superteddy57; June 5th, 2020 at 00:13.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Ah, that explains why I'm not seeing it yet... there was an update when I opened it an hour or so ago and I just assumed, lol.

I understand what is supposed to be happening with dropping the Effect DC on the target, and it's been working, just intermittently. Then it stops working, and I start getting error messages and no results. I'll attach the recent error codes.

I agree with you and I'm perfectly happy to have the two base DCs, 15 and 10, applied automatically. I think you're right about not removing the Adjust bubble, to; no reason it can't be used for miscellaneous whatever.

Do you think the new update fix will be up this evening, or should we wait until tomorrow? I know you have no control over that, just wanted to check if you had an idea on timing, so we can plan... Valcorin is on East Coast time :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don't believe so, but please pm me your discord information if you use it and we can work together a bit and see what we come up with
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

New update incoming to fix various things

[Fixed] Modifiers on Defense totals, Attack Frame label to Combat, Standard conditions missing from effects window, Default target defense and target resist on creation of new entry
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

All the above workarounds for the defenses glitch are unnecessary, superteddy57 has fixed it in the latest update. Huzzah!

Thread Information