STAR TREK 2d20
Page 20 of 41 First ... 10181920212230 ... Last
    Only had a few minutes when i broke for lunch to test it out, but so far it looks great! Combat looks like it's working right, the Defenses issues are resolved, and modifiers can again be dropped onto stat bubbles to change them (so useful for halfing active defenses, among other things).

I'm uploading two of the pre-gens we talked about superteddy57, so you can take a look and let me know if I'm on the right track.
    Attached Files Attached Files

There should be another update with the fixes to the items you mentioned as well coming. Let me know if they did the trick
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Superteddy57, attached are our notes from this weekend's play testing. Let me know if there are questions :-)

I checked over your notes:

Character Sheet
    All listed are graphical issues either with Unity or need a tweak to get right. I will be fixing the graphical issues after all mechanical ones have been resolved.

Importing Characters
    As you mentioned you exported from the Live version of the ruleset. There may be slight changes and best to fill the in the blanks when going about this process. I tested with an export from the Test version and after a few passes it looked exact. So the issue only lies if you have exported your character from the Live version and import to the Test version.

NPC Intermittent Glitch
    Without an error, I may need exact steps being performed. You mentioned it is only intermittent and might be tough to nail down if it only happens with low frequency.

Equipment
    Looking over your section on this, you could add equipment that have attack properties to the attack frame or powers to the powers tab. Notes can hold a notation of the equipment taken with the advantage. I will ponder and see if I can make a solution that is more than a double of the advantage frame.

General UI Issues
    1) It's a Debug I missed removing before pushing. It will be removed with next update.
    2)Encoding on Unity. I will be updating them once I start going through graphical fixes.
    3)Try double clicking the numbers on the CT to perform a defense roll. I will double check the drag code from the engine.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Updated first post with update details
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thank you again for all your hard work, SuperTeddy57.

Just did a play-test on the Test Server with the June 12 code for M&M. It went great - the powers/combat made it very easy to recreate my superhero. Auto sort works even on sub-levels! Drag and drop worked perfectly for combat and char creation. Other than minor UI tweaks to handle spacing and text chopped off (e.g., Extras, Flaws, Options in dialog box when you right-click to add Extras/Flaws), it is looking great.
    There was some stalling during the initial character load, but I'm inclined to believe that was just my / GMs network rather than the code.
    Again, great work, SuperTeddy57.

I think Valcorin summed up our test session today nicely – well done, man! I had just two minor points to bring up, which are in the attached PDF (it's always easier with visuals!).

Really looking forward to playing with this updated ruleset when it goes live – thanks again for all the time and effort you've put in (and on a game you don't play!). Stellar work!

Is there a file parser to help convert stat blocks from Herolab into working character files .xml files for FG?

Oh dear dog, wouldn't THAT be nice. But no, there's nothing that works, or at least there wasn't last time I checked six months ago. I've export from HeroLab many times, tried to edit the XML to work, but it never does.

I think superteddy57 mentioned that it still wasn't a possibility, with an explanation of why it's tough to make it work with M&M, although I'm blanking on the details.

If anyone knows of a way to get PC stat from HeroLab into FGU I'd be pleased to be proven wrong! As it is, I just have both open and it's not too strenuous to cross-copy, but boy I'd love to just export and import!

Thread Information