STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 41 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Thank TriOpticon. That is really weird. I'll investigate it.

I spent time building all the archetypes and the characters in the book to verify things were calculating correctly. So I might even add them in as pregens once we make sure character creation and powers are functioning correctly.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I've been creating characters from the DC Adventures books to get the hang of the new interface. I didn't have a problem with the Senses effect as mentioned above, but I did see that the Senses Effect's cost is +2 per rank and the Handbook is +1. I was working on Superman's super senses the cost was not coming out correctly.

Also, is the "(rollable)" tag just a place holder for now? Wasn't sure how you were rolling from the Powers/Effects dialog. Just making sure I'm not missing something obvious.

@mfontana I am working to get the rollable widget to appear to show that the box is rollable for the effects. That's how I was going to handle doing the checks with powers. I double checked my source and it does say +1/rank so I'll get that changed.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Does this look right for The Rook's Cowl? Again, I am entering The Rook from page 50 and just added his Cowl. This is how it is written in the book:
    Cowl: Senses 3 (Extended Vision, Low-Light Vision, Radio), Removable (–1 point) • 2 points

I did change the Senses cost from 2 to 1 and it calculates the cost correctly. If I put 3 in the Ranks (Rollable) box then it calculates the cost as 5 so I assume I should leave it at 0.

M&M3 - The Rook - Cowl.png

This is already a BIG difference, makes me think about this game again for the first time in years! Thanks for doing this!

If it is Senses 3 then you want to give it 3 ranks. You have it set to 0. When you roll it wont add rank of power to roll.
    Last edited by superteddy57; April 29th, 2020 at 01:42.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    If it is Senses 3 then you want to give it 3 ranks. You have it set to 0
    So if I set Ranks (Rollable) to 3 then it calculates the cost as 5 when it is actually 2. So I assume that is a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Ok. Fair enough. I missed the "Effects" label under any new power you made.

But it is SO different from how it used to be and compared to the old way of doing things, I didn't find it intuitive at all. Especially since - well - I still don't see the attacks window anywhere. I thought it was a misplaced window.
    I still prefer the old way of listing things though. Where you see power effects now is where you used to see Extras / Flaws. Now you can't see those without opening the power effects link, which isn't optimal in my mind. Being able to see the extras / flaws without having to open a link is a must in my book.

Another issue I noticed. Again, from a perspective of someone that's been using the old system for years: You can't apply damage from NPC's ?
    I second this sentiment completely.

This is BS....

You should not have a system up for sale if its FUBAR like this one. Just bought it because of the Covid-19 I can't go out or have people over because of my susceptibility so I thought I do a remote game, MnM… ya that looks good.... no you have been fooled its crap.!

Was going to play this coming Sunday but that looks out. would have not gotten people excited or bought the ruleset on Saturday the 25th.

you should have kept it backward compatible or something before screwing the while thing.

Put a warning on the site if one of your rulesets isn't working.

It is in test mode, not live mode, so just switch back to Live (nonTest) mode. And, you can request a refund, Logarus.

Thread Information