FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 30 of 41 First ... 20282930313240 ... Last
    Good morning again my friends, first of all, awesome imprevement with the toggle damage/effects BUT (i think that this made a new bug)

There is a new bug with the last update. Now seems like ALL the attacks with the NPC are treated like "effects"...

I post an image as an example

effect.png

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Lordbat View Post
    Good morning again my friends, first of all, awesome imprevement with the toggle damage/effects BUT (i think that this made a new bug)

There is a new bug with the last update. Now seems like ALL the attacks with the NPC are treated like "effects"...

I post an image as an example

effect.png

Thank you!
    Yeah, as soon as I saw this report, I ended up kicking myself. I had a feeling I was missing testing something. I'll look into how I'm going to get the same level to work with NPCs. I may just force the old functionality the NPCs had before the update to the player's fix. I'll have to think about how to approach this as to help smooth this to work as I think it should.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

As an idea, couldn't you parse for the keyword Damage in the attack string as an indicator?

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    As an idea, couldn't you parse for the keyword Damage in the attack string as an indicator?
    I did just that. It will be checking for damage or affliction in the attack line moving forward. If those are not present it will be treated as an effect. Same rules apply with putting in vs <defense> in the parenthesis to signify the defense to roll. Will be available with the next weekly update.
    Last edited by superteddy57; May 12th, 2021 at 16:07.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

(As an aside, my friends and I have been VERY impressed with the speed all of you developers respond to our reported bugs across all of the rulesets. It's so damn refreshing to see a company that cares like this.)

Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    (As an aside, my friends and I have been VERY impressed with the speed all of you developers respond to our reported bugs across all of the rulesets. It's so damn refreshing to see a company that cares like this.)
    Well we are glad to get you back up and running your games. I know I would personally not like it if I couldn't play my weekly game
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I did just that. It will be checking for damage or affliction in the attack line moving forward. If those are not present it will be treated as an effect. Same rules apply with putting in vs <defense> in the parenthesis to signify the defense to roll. Will be available with the next weekly update.
    Thank you for your fast response!

with the quote, how can i do what you say?

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Maybe I'm not understanding, but why check for Affliction? It's a DC 10 + Rank resistance check normally (by my reading).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lordbat View Post
    Thank you for your fast response!

with the quote, how can i do what you say?

thank you!
    Example: Obsidian Hatchet +7 Close Damage 5 (+5/20-20)
    This will make it a Damage check

Example: Obsidian Hatchet +7 (+5/20-20)
    This will make it an Effect check

The reasoning for affliction as it is a damaging effect. You can get harmed physically with affliction. If this is not the case, that you wish to have affliction part of the damage, I can change it.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information