STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Last session, my players ran into Strong damaging creatures (e.g. where the damage becomes a temporary reduction of an attribute).

Here we hit issues such that I had to get all my players to stop updating their character sheets and do it all myself as the GM. And still, the issue kept happening in places!

The issue - no doubt somewhat related to my previous report that any updates to an attribute don't actually happen unless you click on another attribute value on the character sheet (which is still a very "surprising" interface, and some of my less technical players still can't get used to).

But in this case, my players were using mouse scroll wheels to apply "temporary damage" to their attributes - this changes them red (nice touch) and clearly the attribute field remember the underlying value.

But whenever they would apply temporary changes their end (-3 strong) it would start "echoing" - the change would get reapplied (another -3) every minute or two. Likely this was due to both the players and myself attempting to apply these changes. But whatever state we got into, one player's strong attribute kept going down to -6, -9 etc... until eventually I told everyone to close their character sheets, reset everyone's attributes to their actual values (by typing them into the attribute box, then clicking on another attribute to apply them) and eventually tracking the damage on scratch paper just to get through the fight.

Thankfully attribute damaging monsters aren't too common, but it was frustrating enough that I'd consider it too broken to use again in its current state.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    Last session, my players ran into Strong damaging creatures (e.g. where the damage becomes a temporary reduction of an attribute).

Here we hit issues such that I had to get all my players to stop updating their character sheets and do it all myself as the GM. And still, the issue kept happening in places!

The issue - no doubt somewhat related to my previous report that any updates to an attribute don't actually happen unless you click on another attribute value on the character sheet (which is still a very "surprising" interface, and some of my less technical players still can't get used to).

But in this case, my players were using mouse scroll wheels to apply "temporary damage" to their attributes - this changes them red (nice touch) and clearly the attribute field remember the underlying value.

But whenever they would apply temporary changes their end (-3 strong) it would start "echoing" - the change would get reapplied (another -3) every minute or two. Likely this was due to both the players and myself attempting to apply these changes. But whatever state we got into, one player's strong attribute kept going down to -6, -9 etc... until eventually I told everyone to close their character sheets, reset everyone's attributes to their actual values (by typing them into the attribute box, then clicking on another attribute to apply them) and eventually tracking the damage on scratch paper just to get through the fight.

Thankfully attribute damaging monsters aren't too common, but it was frustrating enough that I'd consider it too broken to use again in its current state.

Hi Phantomwhale,

This bug should have been fixed. What version are you seeing when you start your ruleset?

Thanks,
    Simon

It was version 1.15
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Trying to put in the stuff from the Advanced Guide and I'm running into problems. The Races went in fine, but I'm having issues with Archetypes. So I made a copy of the Warrior, unlocked it, but still couldn't change or add anything other than the title. So I made a new Archetype and put in the text from the AG but can't highlight anything for bold or paragraph headers. So I tried out all the other text fields and found some are red, some can be highlighted etc ... Wouldn't it be easier to just have one text field there and let the user format? Also when I lock it, nothing changes and I can still type into the fields and it still has the editable look instead of the completed look.

The second part of this is how do I make the additional Example Archetypes? I see I can use the Traditions to do it and drop them in there, but only the Mystic's is in there, I'm not sure where the others are.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    Trying to put in the stuff from the Advanced Guide and I'm running into problems. The Races went in fine, but I'm having issues with Archetypes. So I made a copy of the Warrior, unlocked it, but still couldn't change or add anything other than the title. So I made a new Archetype and put in the text from the AG but can't highlight anything for bold or paragraph headers. So I tried out all the other text fields and found some are red, some can be highlighted etc ... Wouldn't it be easier to just have one text field there and let the user format? Also when I lock it, nothing changes and I can still type into the fields and it still has the editable look instead of the completed look.

The second part of this is how do I make the additional Example Archetypes? I see I can use the Traditions to do it and drop them in there, but only the Mystic's is in there, I'm not sure where the others are.

Thank you!
    Hi Vegaserik! I'll look into making sure that the archetypes are properly editable. I think one of the reasons I made it multiple text fields was so that those can be used for different kind of references and to get better visual formatting.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean by the "Example Archetypes" question, but hopefully I'll have some time during this week to look into it. I've had a lot to do with none-fg projects and my FG-time has gone into Alien/Vaesen, but I should be able to take a look at this an evening!

Thanks,
    Simon

The Example Archetypes are the ones listed for each main archetype - Berserker, Knight, Captain etc ... for Warrior. I can open those up and it'll give me the info I need, but where are they at if I'm going to make new ones? It doesn't seem to have a way to create a new one, there's no button on the right to open those. So if you open Knight it opens a new window. They're like subclasses in 5e in a way.

I have made several campaigns and on all of them I have a problem with the image of Yndaros. It looks Like the actual image itself is not there. Also, if I move around the map of Yndaros or zoom in or out the pins on the map leave a trail.
    Initial load.PNG
    pin trails.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by PlayGamesPaddy View Post
    I have made several campaigns and on all of them I have a problem with the image of Yndaros. It looks Like the actual image itself is not there. Also, if I move around the map of Yndaros or zoom in or out the pins on the map leave a trail.
    Initial load.PNG
    pin trails.PNG

Hi Paddy!

This is most likely something that is caused by FGU, we will look into it as soon as we can. We are looking at Symbaroum as soon as we're done with the next big patch for ALIEN ruleset.

Thanks,
    Simon

Hi. In the Sidebar options, there is a tab that is blank with no title. When you add it to the sidebar, it pulls up a list with no options in it. If you try to add an entry to it, it brings up an uneditable screen. I am using FGU.
    I have added a screen shot. Was wondering what is supposed to be in there. I was going to try to use it for Subarchetypes, but nothing works. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Joram Mistwalker; June 11th, 2021 at 23:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Joram Mistwalker View Post
    Hi. In the Sidebar options, there is a tab that is blank with no title. When you add it to the sidebar, it pulls up a list with no options in it. If you try to add an entry to it, it brings up an uneditable screen. I am using FGU.
    I have added a screen shot. Was wondering what is supposed to be in there. I was going to try to use it for Subarchetypes, but nothing works. Thanks.
    This library is for pre-defined non-rollable tables. I see Armor table, but there were more if my memory serves me well. Will be looked after quite soon.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information