DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 39 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm not seeing this.

The combat tracker code is based on CoreRPG and that copies each NPC (foe) to the combat tracker database - it doesn't link back to the master foe record in the campaign data list.

I've added three apes to the combat tracker - get get names Ape 1, Ape 2 and Ape 3. I can apply wounds, trauma etc. to an individual record I open from the combat tracker. They're all unique records within the combat tracker.
    I just redid it, both by dropping them in directly from the Foes tab and then setting up a Battle with them, and you're right. They are tracking separately. I couldn't get the damage to track earlier so I assumed it was some linking issue. It seems good now...

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I'm not seeing this.

The combat tracker code is based on CoreRPG and that copies each NPC (foe) to the combat tracker database - it doesn't link back to the master foe record in the campaign data list.

I've added three apes to the combat tracker - get get names Ape 1, Ape 2 and Ape 3. I can apply wounds, trauma etc. to an individual record I open from the combat tracker. They're all unique records within the combat tracker.
    The tracker works perfectly. The issue is, it does not handle MOBs. Conan, many of the minion fights, are mobs. Lots of mobs, which represent high numbers of canon fodder for the players to wade through. The problem, MOBs which consist up to 5 NPCs, which act as a single entity, they are also damaged and can die as a single entity.
    In my games I use the MOB rule as much as I can, as the game mechanics are designed to work best, and most balanced (IMOH) when using mobs.

Essentially, you have
    A) MOBs, which are 5 identical minions,
    B) Squads, which are 4 identical minions lead by a toughened or nemesis NPC, or a PC.

When playing a game, having over 25 separate entries just for minion NPCs is very cluttered, and hard to track, so I would like to see the base combat tracker streamlined to make it smoother.

So I have two suggestions.
    1- Do the grouping technique, that the tracker in the Savage worlds ruleset.
    2 - Add a tab or additional sections to the NPC character sheets in which you can track multiple stats for Minions. (Which I think is the best solution to this)

I add a roughed up image of what I am suggesting. When you open up a NPC from the the list.. Nothing changes, it all looks the same. BUT add an addition tab to the side, where it says, Main, Combat, Sorcery, Notes. Add a new tab called MOBs or Squad.. Then when you click on it it changes to the Mob page, here the stats, the rollers are the same as the first page, but has 5 spots to track the minions vigor and resolve a place for any special talents or spends.. You still keep all the dice rolling automation. Doing this, will allow a player to add multiple NPCs to the combat, but keeps it being only 1 entry on the tracker..

Tracker.PNG

This should be easy to do.. and it makes the game work much smoother.

This is something that has been on our radar that we are working on. We are hoping to do a complete overhaul of the combat tracker.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Am I the only one who does not get any fonts for the headers of any dialog boxes? This is in FG Unity running on Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.4 ...

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 5.32.30 PM.png

Quote Originally Posted by vampyr13 View Post
    Am I the only one who does not get any fonts for the headers of any dialog boxes? This is in FG Unity running on Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.4 ...
    Hmm I just noticed that as well.
    Edit: On Windows 10, so I don't think it's OS specific

Something else I noticed. I'm unable to to use the search function in the reference manual. In fact it causes the table of contents to disappear if I enter a search and hit enter. I then have to close the window and reopen the manual.
    Search seems to work in tables.

Sorry I think I ran into another bug. While trying to create a map in the ruleset, it won't open map editor. It only has the "Mask, Drawing, and Eraser Mode" in the upper left corner. It works fine in the base 5e ruleset.
    I also tried starting a new campaign with Conan. I did not load any modules, Go to assets >folder>paste a png into the images folder. Go to Images on the assets window and drag the map to the images window. Opens the map but with only the above tools. (after I unlock it)
    Annotation 2020-05-09 182225.png

Edit: FGU on Windows 10

Edit: Fixed in v1.62.3310
    Last edited by Jaybob32; May 12th, 2020 at 01:11. Reason: fixed

Quote Originally Posted by vampyr13 View Post

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 5.32.30 PM.png
    We are currently working on this.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Hi! For some reason the manual GM rolls are not showing in the chat in the Unity version. I have tried the preferences and /die reveal command and reinstalling the program, but nothing works. Its super frustrating when everything else in this game is so well don and we have been having a lot of fun playing it. But not being able to see the rolls in the chat makes the game really hard especially in combat. Is there something I am missing or something I can do? Thank you.Capture1.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by waingro View Post
    Hi! For some reason the manual GM rolls are not showing in the chat in the Unity version. I have tried the preferences and /die reveal command and reinstalling the program, but nothing works. Its super frustrating when everything else in this game is so well don and we have been having a lot of fun playing it. But not being able to see the rolls in the chat makes the game really hard especially in combat. Is there something I am missing or something I can do? Thank you.Capture1.JPG
    This is an issue that we are currently working on. To stay most up-to-date on patch notes and such I would recommend following our Facebook page and/or Twitter if you're not already.
    OmegaCrits

Thread Information