DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 39 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Hi all, today I was invited to play a tabletop game of Conan, so I ran fantasy grounds as we were playing to see how things worked. Here are a few findings.

Some of the things we found were this, and some were already mentioned above.

1. Effects - Vicious - Any weapon that rolled that has this effect, the extra damage is not accounted for and has to be done manual.

2. Minion and group control - There is no easy way to manage squads or groups. As all NPCs are listed individually. It would be cool to be able to have something similar in the combat tracker like in the savage worlds ruleset for handling groups.
    3. Table rolling D20 - some tables, which require 2D20 do not roll 2, but only 1 die. A person needs to manually change it.. But they may not know how to do it.

4. Fortune adding wrong. Fortune still adds incorrectly and still auto gives two successes when used on a roll. And does not reference the focus number.

5. The actual Improvised quality description is missing from in the list of qualities, even though the rules explaining how to use the improvised quality is there.
    Last edited by ShotGun Jolly; May 2nd, 2020 at 23:39.

Some weapons have multiple qualities (or have the Unforgiving quality which is Vicious with a qualifier). So you have to decide whether you use Vicious or the alternate qualities (or if it qualified under Unforgiving).

I was thinking about mobs today too (I also ran a game using Vultures of Shem). I don't know if there's a way to merge mobs and then separate them (as individuals die and then drop out dropping the mob below 4). I just ran them using GM adjudication.
    Last edited by ProfDogg; May 3rd, 2020 at 03:12. Reason: Spelling

Jolly: How are you tracking damage on the tracker (or elsewhere) for same-named foes that have appended numbered names? Since they link to the Foes entry and they all have the same link I couldn't just add in damage for one individual. I ran combats with notes in my head for damage tracking. After the session I figured out I could've just create an Effect on each individual Foe to track the individual damage. I'm trying to think if there's an easier way than that besides the ol' pencil and scrap paper next to the computer....

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    Some weapons have multiple qualities (or have the Unforgiving quality which is Vicious with a qualifier). So you have to decide whether you use Vicious or the alternate qualities (or if it qualified under Unforgiving).
    Correction to my previous statement, I found a ruling otherwise: "If one or more Effects are rolled when rolling for damage, then all Qualities that trigger on an Effect will trigger." (Core, p.151). We had been playing that you only got one Quality per effect (not certain where we saw or thought that). So Vicious always kicks in, just a question of what X value is. An Unforgiving attack would still require GM adjudication.

Dice rolls with the D20 and D6 are just coming up as a 0 and you can't actually see the results of your rolls when using the dice below the chat window.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Pathfinder View Post
    Dice rolls with the D20 and D6 are just coming up as a 0 and you can't actually see the results of your rolls when using the dice below the chat window.
    Corrected from: "Nerd Eye has it on their to-do list. I cant find the exact reference (too many threads on Conan) but they said it most likely won't be in the next update due to time constraints. The workaround is to roll off a sheet for damage dice. One of my players figured out you can roll d20s off the gem in the lefthand corner. Just type the number of dice in it and then roll the gem."

Apologies, just figured out how to do that gem roll myself. You out your target number in the gem and then select the number of pips for number of dice. Then you roll off the gem. Still need to do a damage dice off a sheet...
    Last edited by ProfDogg; May 4th, 2020 at 12:06. Reason: corrected finding

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Ha! Yeah, it's this same thread... duh...

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    Jolly: How are you tracking damage on the tracker (or elsewhere) for same-named foes that have appended numbered names? Since they link to the Foes entry and they all have the same link I couldn't just add in damage for one individual.
    I'm not seeing this.

The combat tracker code is based on CoreRPG and that copies each NPC (foe) to the combat tracker database - it doesn't link back to the master foe record in the campaign data list.

I've added three apes to the combat tracker - get get names Ape 1, Ape 2 and Ape 3. I can apply wounds, trauma etc. to an individual record I open from the combat tracker. They're all unique records within the combat tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information