DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 39 First ... 6141516171826 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybob32 View Post
    [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "common/scripts/link_record.lua"]:33: attempt to call field 'getSingleDisplayText' (a nil value)

I keep getting the above error when ever trying to copy an item. Say make a copy of a creature so I can edit it in the current adventure. Adding weapons, equipment, spells to the Foe template. Moving creatures to a new category. Basically moving a "link" to any other item.

I've tried unloading all modules and extensions. Even creating a blank campaign with only the corebook. Same issue.
    I have to click on the close button on the console before I can do anything else. Rather annoying.

Update: Tested on different computer. No extensions. Try to copy a foe to make a copy for edit. Gives the same error.
    Open a test 5e campaign. Make a copy of a monster, no error.
    So it seems to be the ruleset.
    Same here. Any time you drag an object from one panel to another, my console pops and I have to click it out of the way. Annoying.

[<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "common/scripts/link_record.lua"]:33: attempt to call field 'getSingleDisplayText' (a nil value)

I keep getting the above error when ever trying to copy an item. Say make a copy of a creature so I can edit it in the current adventure. Adding weapons, equipment, spells to the Foe template. Moving creatures to a new category. Basically moving a "link" to any other item.

I've tried unloading all modules and extensions. Even creating a blank campaign with only the corebook. Same issue.
    I have to click on the close button on the console before I can do anything else. Rather annoying.

Update: Tested on different computer. No extensions. Try to copy a foe to make a copy for edit. Gives the same error.
    Open a test 5e campaign. Make a copy of a monster, no error.
    So it seems to be the ruleset.
    Unity or Classic or both?
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    Unity or Classic or both?
    Unity for me.

Unity for me.
    I tested in both Unity and Classic, with a pre-existing campaign and a newly created one. I am not getting this error. Can you tell me exactly what you do to create the error, or upload a screen cap of you creating the error?
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries

So tried with a brand new campaign. With and without the corerules loaded. No extentions.

Edit: adding the url so you can pause it if you need to.
    https://imgur.com/KxCzpw1
    Last edited by Jaybob32; October 6th, 2020 at 17:40.

So tried with a brand new campaign. With and without the corerules loaded. No extentions.
    This happens for me too in FGU. FGC works without errors.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm confused actually, because that file doesn't exist in either the Conan ruleset or the CoreRPG ruleset. I even searched for both the file name and the getSingleDisplayText command that is returning a nil, and I can't find any instance of either being called.
    Last edited by statik37; October 6th, 2020 at 18:10.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    I'm confused actually, because that file doesn't exist in either the Conan ruleset or the CoreRPG ruleset. I even searched for both the file name and the getSingleDisplayText command that is returning a nil, and I can't find any instance of either being called.

To me, it seems like you may have an extension running that is interfering.
    As you can see in the screenshot from @Jaybob32 above, there are no extensions being loaded. You can also note from that screenshot that FGU uses v3.3.12 of CoreRPG - which is a release ahead of FGC. This contains the file mentioned in the error message.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As you can see in the screenshot from @Jaybob32 above, there are no extensions being loaded. You can also note from that screenshot that FGU uses v3.3.12 of CoreRPG - which is a release ahead of FGC. This contains the file mentioned in the error message.
    I see. Thank you for pointing that out. I will look into this.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries

So, after doing some research, it seems that the error only pops up when you grab the shield and drag it. If you grab the name, you won't get the error. It's not the fix, but it is a temporary solution. We added it as a bug to our website forums and we will look into fixing it.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries

Thread Information