DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 39 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    I did a quick search through the thread, so sorry if these have been reported already.

1) Foe expertise doesn't adjust the roll focus, it remains at 1 even when the expertise used isn't 1.
    2) The Carousing events table has 1d20 assigned as the dice to roll, it should be 2d20.

Also re-mentioning the ability to automatically track total encumbrance on a PC - this is coming up more and more in my games. Functionality to track item weight and carried total is within the CoreRPG ruleset, which this ruleset is built on, so hopefully should be a fairly straightforward thing to do.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Both issues are still being worked on.
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    Both issues are still being worked on.
    Great! Thanks for letting us know.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

One of my groups surprised me and wanted me to run Conan 2d20 adventures again.
    - To what extent all bugs reported so far by Jay_Nola, Trenloe and others are fixed?
    - Is the ruleset in playable form, with proper CT support?
    - Does it run with FGU, it is about time to introduce players to FGU
    Last edited by Valyar; July 20th, 2020 at 20:43.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    One of my groups surprised me and wanted me to run Conan 2d20 adventures again.
    - Is the ruleset in playable form, with proper CT support?
    The CT support is super basic - all I really do in it is put a "1" in the order when someone has acted. Beyond that there's not much there in the CT.

Having said that, the ruleset is definitely in a playable form. I'm 3 sessions in to a campaign using it, and it allows us to play fine. Are there things that I think are missing and should be addressed/added? Yes. But, don't let that stop you playing. The main things for playing in a VTT are there. But, if you're expecting a high level of automation and tight integration between the usual FG functionality, then you may need to hold of a while longer.

I have read the user manual in the wiki, but it is very basic. Looks like that there is nothing really automated and for 45 dollars I get dice roller basically. I look for some QoL improvements during combat such as targeting, reporting, damage and automatic armor calculations... talents that impact rolls and etc.

I would ask what is automated at the moment... Conan is very number crunchy and a lot of things can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybob32 View Post
    Updated now. Thanks.

Any word on the upcoming tracker changes? I'm curious what the plans for that are.
    And thrown dice in the chat window not showing a result?
    It's all good. I played in a game on Saturday and had just GM'd a session the previous Tuesday evening. It's a sweet system and the ruleset is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    I have read the user manual in the wiki, but it is very basic. Looks like that there is nothing really automated and for 45 dollars I get dice roller basically. I look for some QoL improvements during combat such as targeting, reporting, damage and automatic armor calculations... talents that impact rolls and etc.

I would ask what is automated at the moment... Conan is very number crunchy and a lot of things can be done.
    If you roll off the character sheet, it tells you success levels and momentum (or Doom for the bad guys) that you generate. If you add a Fortune Point, it correctly calculates it being included. Honestly with this system, that's all the automation you need since the players and GM have to bargain for results from Momentum and Doom spends...

It is impossible to automate damage versus armor since all of that is conditional on how you spend your Momentum. If it tried, a GM would constantly have to keep rolling back the results like how you're stuck doing it in 5e or Pathfinder all the time.
    Last edited by ProfDogg; July 21st, 2020 at 01:12.

Here's my new request: the ruleset had at one point the option to pin maps and images to the background like you can do it some of the other sets (so it's one less window to juggle). Somewhere along the way the option disappeared. Can we get it back?

There are a lot of things that can be automated, even with the complex combat flow in Conan where we have different ways to spend momentum. The framework is there, I already know the ways how this can be done, but it is now up to the ruleset developers to actually make it work.

What bothers me is the way NPC rolls are handled - manually building dice pool and having to compare each time their attributes and exp/foc values in the character sheet. Why there is no automatic roll for NPC stats as it is for the damage? It is ok to add bonus dice to a pool from the widget in the bottom left but complete lack of roll?
    Last edited by Valyar; July 21st, 2020 at 06:58.

Thread Information