DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    I'm not sure if I should post bugs I find for Bestiary 2 here or somewhere else but I found one when running my current game. I have the most current release of unity on the Live channel so I tested and replicated it in a new campaign, no extensions or modules loaded. I loaded up Bestiary 2 and when I put the Nyogoth (lvl 10 uncommon creature) into the combat tracker I get an error message.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:752: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)

Also I learned what "concatenate" means today lol

Super minor thing, but on Bestiary modules, if you get to the Modules window and see the index of links, the second entry reads "CreatureAbilitys" instead of "Creature Abilities". The window title when open is correct.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Not sure if this applies to every Beastiary, but in general NPC spells do not gain heightened damage for spells. There are some that do not add their ability modifier when applicable as well. Please fix!

For example the Gelugon (Ice Devil), from Beastiary 2, does 12d6 on the 7th level Cone of Cold. The spell has a base damage of 12d6, but when heightened to level 7 it should cause 16d6.

By unknown reason Soul Eater is Immune to all good damage =/ When you damage to it with Divine Lance good: 0dmg. Monster has WEAK: good 10. I cannot find what is wrong but this is a really horror monster
    Attachment 52987
    Last edited by rennyo; May 31st, 2022 at 17:23.

Quote Originally Posted by rennyo View Post
    By unknown reason Soul Eater is Immune to all good damage =/ When you damage to it with Divine Lance good: 0dmg. Monster has WEAK: good 10. I cannot find what is wrong but this is a really horror monster
    Attachment 52987
    EDIT: Sorry, I take the below comment back. Archives of Nethys (SmiteWorks have an agreement with AoN for data sharing and we used AoN data for some of Bestiary 2) have this creature as Neutral, but the actual Bestiary 2 book has it as Neutral-Evil. We'll get that fixed. Thanks for reporting.

That seems like an issue in the monster design. As per the Damage rules: https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=340 "good damage harms only evil creatures" and the Soul Eater is neutral (in Archives of Nethys), so good damage doesn't harm it.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 31st, 2022 at 17:42.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep, changing alignment to neutral evil solved the problem. Thank you for reference and reply. It could be mistype in monster manual too. Anyway it is not question to FG.

Quote Originally Posted by rennyo View Post
    Yep, changing alignment to neutral evil solved the problem. Thank you for reference and reply. It could be mistype in monster manual too. Anyway it is not question to FG.
    It's definitely an issue with the Archives of Nethys data - showing N, not NE. The Bestiary 2 book/PDF from Paizo shows it correctly as NE - otherwise the weakness to good wouldn't make sense. We'll get the FG Bestiary 2 DLC fixed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Trenloe may have already been noted, but just in case...
    My entry for brass dragon in the bestiary actually has the text for black dragon...

bronzemistake.png

I feel like that didn't work the way it was supposed to - but I do have a screenshot of the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit1013 View Post
    @Trenloe may have already been noted, but just in case...
    My entry for brass dragon in the bestiary actually has the text for black dragon...

bronzemistake.png

I feel like that didn't work the way it was supposed to - but I do have a screenshot of the issue
    This should be fixed with today's update: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ober-25th-2022

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Apologies on this report for a few reasons:

This may be known and not easily fixable since these have been out for quite some time (if reported, I didn't find it)
    The fact that it likely bothers a very, very, very small minority if this is indeed the first report

The name of the product:
    Pathfinder Bestiary 1, 2 and 3

The issue:
    Inconsistent category naming convention

The name of the sections/objects impacted (e.g. the map name, the feat name, the story title, etc.):
    There appears to be at least 2 different naming conventions used

Pathfinder RPG 2 - Bestiary
    PF2 Bestiary 2
    PF2 Bestiary 3

And even these are not used consistently. The above are used for categories in Assets, Bestiary, Modules, Items and Traits, but:

Pathfinder RPG 2 - Bestiary
    Pathfinder RPG 2 - Bestiary 2
    PF2 Bestiary 3

is used for Images.

When searching for objects via category the current inconsistent convention is not ideal.

If you know a fix, what that fix should be:
    Use one and only one of either:

Pathfinder RPG 2 - Bestiary #
    PF2 Bestiary #

Thread Information