DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Tokens: Modern Day Heroine

I have just uploaded a new zip file with six new tokens in it. I am currently experimenting with 4:1 scale tokens - so what do you think?

The tokens are of a female character in six differnt poses.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Very nice but a bit heavy on the download times. I think I actually prefer the 2:1 scaled ones.

That said... I have enjoyed your series of WW II tokens immensely. MOST useful.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I can live with 2:1, and 3:1 is plenty of detail. 4:1 might be too much, particularly if you use a lot of tokens and are concerned with bandwidth during games.
    MapForge battlemap creation software for Windows and Mac OS X

*cough*Stabilityof1.5*cough*
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

The graphics are very nice, but I was just wondering, how in the earth can you use such big tokens in a game? Do you all have some 32" monitors or what? :-) Or is there some setting that I am unaware of, "adjust-token-size-automatically" ?

As long as everyone uses the same scale of token you can zoom the map and adjust the token size.

The two challenges are:

1. If the tokens are too big you increase the communication overhead between computers and seem to cause instability.

2. If all you are going to do is shrink them all the time it just makes sense to have them near their final size to begin with.

S
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

Oh, okay... Thanks. How do you do the zooming in-game? Does everyone scale the map + tokens as they see fit or does the GM zoom and his settings are used on everyone?

GM vooms in and sets "scale" on the map. Basically the map scale is changed to fit the tokens. Because you can't zoom out past the original map size, ie you can only zoom in so you are better off with the tokens scale being greater than or equal to the scale on the map. If you have to zoom in too far to make the token "fit" the map then the map may not look good.

Tailz, I have to agree with the other's, unless that is the woman that ate New York, that scale is too big and bandwith intensive. As Oberoten mentioned, in the current version of FG - after masking - token transfers seem to be one of the biggest stabily problems: so the smaller the file size the less likely you are to have problems.
    Last edited by Griogre; March 6th, 2007 at 02:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    GM vooms in and sets "scale" on the map. Basically the map scale is changed to fit the tokens. Because you can't zoom out past the original map size, ie you can only zoom in so you are better off with the tokens scale being greater than or equal to the scale on the map. If you have to zoom in too far to make the token "fit" the map then the map may not look good.

Tailz, I have to agree with the other's, unless that is the woman that ate New York, that scale is too big and bandwith intensive. As Oberoten mentioned, in the current version of FG - after masking - token transfers seem to be one of the biggest stabily problems: so the smaller the file size the less likely you are to have problems.
    I agree, although I am not designing tokens for FG1.5 but rather I am looking towards FG2. I'll tweek this and post a new token set.

This was just an experiment to see how people would react.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    Gotcha - thanks!

Thread Information