DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Conan: Ages Undreamed Of Ruleset!

Hey guys,

Glad you have the new official 2d20 Conan ruleset out! I am looking forward to jumping into this again on FG! He did a really did a good job making it!

I did noticed one small technical finding with the ruleset.

When you make a roll, and you get more successes then the difficulty, it should generate momentum, but the response generated says in generates doom. When it should be saying "Generates Momentum"

Is there a way of reporting this, does it go through you guys or do I have to contact Steve over at League of Extraordinary Gamers ?
    Regards
    Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by ShotGun Jolly View Post
    When you make a roll, and you get more successes then the difficulty, it should generate momentum, but the response generated says in generates doom. When it should be saying "Generates Momentum"
    I noticed that too - it was when the GM was making a roll. I think it assumes the GM doesn't roll for players. But, as you say, the actual end result of any task roll is that momentum can be generated. It is only unspent momentum for NPC tasks that is converted into Doom. So, the wording is a little misleading, even if the end result they were thinking of was to add doom.

I don't know the official channel to report issues. There'll have to be something through the forums I would imagine.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I noticed that too - it was when the GM was making a roll. I think it assumes the GM doesn't roll for players. But, as you say, the actual end result of any task roll is that momentum can be generated. It is only unspent momentum for NPC tasks that is converted into Doom. So, the wording is a little misleading, even if the end result they were thinking of was to add doom.

I don't know the official channel to report issues. There'll have to be something through the forums I would imagine.
    Yeah, Thanks Trenloe!

There are a few other little bugs with the ruleset. Minor in nature, such as the ruleset over riding FGU ability to edit maps and add in true visibility.

But having a better place to report such findings would be nice. I am not fussy of posting things like this in the general area. But I thought it was my best option for now.

We definitely need a forum for each ruleset where users can comment and discuss the usage. If only the good sellers get a forum, then probably the others can be aggregated into sub-forums, as with the Create & Share area. This also brings awareness to the public.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Nerd Eye Games, the guys who made the ruleset, has a specific forum of their own for reporting bugs. Not saying it's the most visible solution for FG users, but it's there.
    https://nerdeyegames.com/Forums/foru...ts/Bug-Reports
    Last edited by Mellock; April 23rd, 2020 at 09:19.

I wonder what other users they have for Fantasy Grounds ruleset... I would prefer SW to decide an official way to submit bugs and other feature requests for rulesets.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information