DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

SOB SOB...SNIFF SNIFF..WHIMPER.. NO CSC Today...

SOB SOB...SNIFF SNIFF..WHIMPER... NO CSC Today... Sniff I need a compassionate shoulder to sob on......

To be honest, I just wanted the CSC out today... so I can play with it..mostly to alleviate Self-Isolation Cabin Fever
    Yep I want to do some Solo RedRum RedRum mayhem on some PC's and NPC's with FGMPs and PGMP's and whatever
    goodies CSC hands over to the cause.

I really don't have a campaign or game going on... so I just want to use Fantasy Ground to do some
    Solo Thunder Dome Traveller Playing... 2 PC's enter... I PC leaves.....

Put on some Tina Turner "We Don't Need Another Hero", cue up the Syrnscape sound effects, and Chargen Up
    the unfortunates going to into Chumbly's Traveller Thunder Dome...

Really Its.. not that DEPRAVED... It's Its..um um Oh yeah...I am doing FGU Traveller Testing... yeah.. <looking so upstanding... doing my part>

Oh Well, Maybe Next Week... It is not like I am going anywhere...
    Chumbly

You know doing Traveller Thunder Dome... Traveller Companion would be useful... Luck and Morale... could make Traveller Thunder Dome much random and more interesting...
    Wealth not some much, but I guess you could have a roll for the PC to see if he/she can bribe her way out of it..

Hmmm, RPG backstory....They(The unfortunate parties) have been captured by Sadistic Pirates, or the Glorious Empire.. and taken to planet Thunderdome for their captor's amusement.

Chumbly

Hopefully when it is release Mongoose will make some sort of official notification on their site.

Question to MBM, does Mongoose get involved in testing or just local testing?

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hopefully when it is release Mongoose will make some sort of official notification on their site.

Question to MBM, does Mongoose get involved in testing or just local testing?
    Morning Chaps,

CSC is under test by LordNanoc, he's the only tester except for myself and my group.

Mongoose have no part of the testing or release schedule (unlike some publishers), Matt has a lot going on and is happy for me to lead the way with MGT on FG.

I've had a good few weeks on all my FG projects, no going to the pub, no going out on the weekends and if helps me stay 'sane' (as sane as a Mad Beared Man could be).

High Guard conversion is complete, adding Ships data, expecting that done in around 2 weeks, then the fun of working on sharing a Ship with a team happens....

So CSC, I'll speak with Nanoc, if things are looking ok I'll ask FW to get it on the release radar, note they are very busy and even the 1.1.0a quick update isn't being released until next Tuesday...

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi guys. Got CSC since two or three days now and testing my eyes out. Had a few personal things going on (slipped disk, then crashed with the bike etc), but making good headway.
    I found many things already, but no biggies, so I am sure, MBM will dig through the test protocol quickly, once I finished it, after all, this is one hell of a coding factory, that man

I ask for leniency, dear friends, better to get a refined product, than something halve baked. It is, after all, the CSC we're talking about and that means a looot of data to look at and a looot of stats to compare between book and FG-module. I'll try my best to speedily dig through withoul laxing the quality of my tests.

Thanks for your understanding.
    cya
    Nanoc

I've waited this long, I can wait a bit more.

I'm sure checking each item is a painful and eyes blurring task.

Once CSC is out I plan to point it out on the Mongoose and CotI forums to spread more awareness.

Oh both of you, definitely take all the time you need and take care of yourselves... Just a big fan... but I can so easily wait...
    I worked in Software myself for years... I fully understand the testing process and it is far better to take your time and do it right
    and develop and test while fresh... any other way creates far more problems than any hurrying could ever justify.

Chumbly

I feel you, guys, really.

To put you at ease a bit, here is a quick look behind the curtain:

My test setup looks something like this: TestSetup.jpg
    Reference Manual, items and the spreadsheet... going through all in one go. Spreadsheet is actually more than one (see on the lower part), one is for errors in the reference manual, the others are errors in the item objects, one spreadsheet for each category...

MBM entered more than 1500 items, text and all. To read all this, compare the entries with the book (wich lies on my belly during this) takes its time. But I find a lot of things, which is good, I presume. No gamebreakers mostly. Just wrong stats, texts, links etc.

Back to it now again.
    Have fun. I am on it.

Nice, I'm looking forward to the man (protable) Artillery
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

You guys make a good team. Thanks for going through all that for us because I'd probably miss most of those until someone else pointed it out.

It's also good to see the process so that everyone can see that there is a process and it is catching things. Other than Mongoose not holding things up (so good!) I've had an idea of how the process works but there hasn't been a major release like this since MGT2 core but we have many new members since then. So it is good that they can see it too.

Thread Information