Starfinder Playlist

LFDM - 4 players seeking DM for a weekly 5e game - nights CST

We are a group of parents looking to find a DM for a weekly 5e game after the kids go to bed! Looking for a fun and engaging DM to play with who wants to a fun beer and pretzels game with some cool people trying to blow off some quarantine steam.

FG License: 1 ultimate 1 free (Both FGC and FGU)
    Time Zone: Central Time USA
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Any evening except Friday between 20:00 (8 PM) and 23:30 (11:30 PM) US Central Time. We all have kids and don't want to be disruptive. Weekly game preferred; however, bi-weekly (both twice a week and every other week) are good too.
    Term: Module and/or long term
    Voice/Video: Discord, Zoom, Hangouts, etc (whatever is easiest for everyone)
    Game System Preferred: D&D 5E

We have two different couples combining forces to roll some dice.

Us:
    Game System Experience: 3 years of DMing and playing in one or two weekly games in 5E, I have Pathfinder and PF2 experience as well.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: We play a game on FG weekly.
    Character Types Preferred: Wife is definitely wanting to get back to playing a druid. I'm open to any and all classes.
    About us: We love to roll dice and have some fun. We RP and play characters that are cool and thematic but not always optimal min/max builds. We're laid back and love to joke around both in and out of character. Enjoy all three pillars of the game and watching our characters persevere despite the odds.

Them:
    Game System Experience: My wife and I have roughly 2 years playing 5E, I have both played and DMd 2E, 3E, 3.5E, and Pathfinder. I have roughly 25 years of D&D experience, and she has around 15 years of experience (We've around a bit ).
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Brand new
    Character Types Preferred: My wife Rogue but is flexible, I have no preference and will play any class.
    About us: We're a "beer and pretzel" couple, it doesn't matter if it is a "hack and slash" or "sand box," we just enjoy playing and having fun. Up front we both tend to joke out of character, in character role play is a lot of fun. I'd say that on a Combat/Role-play/Problem Solving scale we would land in the 50/30-40/10-20.

Hit me up if you'd be a good fit!

FG License: 1 FGU Ultimate
    Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time USA
    Day(s) of the Week, Frequency, and Time: Would need to do Saturday evening/night due to work hours during the week.
    Term: Prefer to run my own creations
    Voice/Video: Have been using voice call on Facebook Messenger
    Game System Preferred: D&D 5E w/some house rules

Me:
    Game Experience: Have been playing and DM'ing D&D since the late 70's.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to Fantasy Grounds but I'm learning fast.
    Character Types Preferred: I'm open to any and all classes (they all die the same).
    About Me: I'm an easy going person but do have some pet peeves. I enjoy playing D&D and have seen the good as well as the bad over the years. Am new to Fantasy Grounds and don't have alot of the assets but am looking forward to learning as I go and would love to get as much of the material as I can as well as create most of my own stuff to play in Fantasy Grounds.

If you would like to discuss this matter in more detail let me know and we can arrange to have a session Zero where we can all meet and discuss our wants and needs to make this a campaign to enjoy!

Thanking you in advance,

Matt M.

Thanks for those that have reached out so far. We haven't found the right fit for our group yet and are still looking!

DM through all editions except for the 4th edition. I have been playing since my early teens and heading towards my late 40s. My DM style is an open sandbox with Improv. I have plot frameworks that I work from and use existing modules or adventures as base material to infill and build the world. I prefer clever roleplay and character development even during combat. I am looking for players who like to play to their weaknesses and enjoy world-building with the DM. I usually start my campaigns at the 3rd level and go up from there. I am located near Syracuse new york. I can play later after kids are in bed. That would be after 8 pm eastern for me. 3-hour sessions. can try for every week but will probably be bi-weekly. I currently have 2 sessions running in the same campaign world with converging story arcs but I think I can handle a third. Hit me up if I piqued your interest and we can discuss further.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thread Information