DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 20 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    This is from the 13th so it should be in Live now not just test

SavageWorlds v5.2.13 beta available in Test Mode

[Fixed] Only torso armor should affect Toughness. Fixed
    [Fixed] Invulnerability and Immunity effects missing from special abilities. Fixed
    [Fixed] FGU dogfights distance calculation is broken. Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    This is from the 13th so it should be in Live now not just test

SavageWorlds v5.2.13 beta available in Test Mode

[Fixed] Only torso armor should affect Toughness. Fixed
    [Fixed] Invulnerability and Immunity effects missing from special abilities. Fixed
    [Fixed] FGU dogfights distance calculation is broken. Fixed
    Excellent, thank you! 😊

Bug - Conviction tracking is wrong

In Deadlands game it happened that two cowpokes triggered conviction in combat and one of them had enough bennies to maintain over several rounds. Unfortunately, when the conviction is extended from (clicking + button as GM), every other conviction duration is extended too.

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    In Deadlands game it happened that two cowpokes triggered conviction in combat and one of them had enough bennies to maintain over several rounds. Unfortunately, when the conviction is extended from (clicking + button as GM), every other conviction duration is extended too.

Thank you for the report. This occurs for all other effects that are maintainable but does not have "caster". This is now fixed and will be available in next update
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks

Hi, all,

I have a question about applying the #Running modifier - when I click the d6 cube next to pace to calculate it, the #Running penalty is not applied to the Character - do I have to apply this effect myself every time a PC runs in combat, and is there a way we can apply an Instant penalty to that PC when the Running roll is made?

I'm also wondering if there's any way to hardcode the shotgun bonuses and penalties - I know the system calculates range, because it tells me it does - is there a way to refer to this calculation in order to give Shotguns their close combat shooting bonus and/or drop damage dice for distance penalties?

Thanks,

- ToKo
    Last edited by Tokolosh; February 13th, 2021 at 14:50.

I seem to have found a bug where an effect cannot mitigate both wound penalties and fatigue penalties at the same time.

Longer description here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokolosh View Post
    I'm also wondering if there's any way to hardcode the shotgun bonuses and penalties - I know the system calculates range, because it tells me it does - is there a way to refer to this calculation in order to give Shotguns their close combat shooting bonus and/or drop damage dice for distance penalties?
    We are using sub-attacks for the damage and modifiers for the attack. The player with the shotgun has the latter on shortcut.

Hmmm...I thought the running penalty was applied when you used the Run button. I'll have to test later. I know in options you can turn on and off some automation...not sure if Run was one.

As for shotgun damage I don't think the logic is there to use different damage based on range. Typically subattacks are used...one for the ranges

Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    Hmmm...I thought the running penalty was applied when you used the Run button. I'll have to test later. I know in options you can turn on and off some automation...not sure if Run was one.

As for shotgun damage I don't think the logic is there to use different damage based on range. Typically subattacks are used...one for the ranges
    Aha! I found it! I was doing it totally wrong, thanks Icebear - I didn't even notice the run button down by the dice there. I guess I was getting so used to using the Attacks on the combat pane that it never occurred to my players or I to look for the mechanic elsewhere!

The subattacks for the shotgun make sense, I guess, but it's still a little odd that I can't pull the Range info that the engine is able to calculate and apply consistently with all the #Range stuff (which isn't mentioned at all in the online FAQ, btw) and not be able to apply it to the core rules about shotguns... At some point the engine must refer to this value in order to assign attack difficulty, would there be a way to code that into either a custom script or something built into a "Shotgun" keyword?

Thanks for the help!

- ToKo

Thread Information