DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 20 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Hello together,

I guess there is something wrong with the range calculation in the chase mode of SWADE in FG Unity.

In my chase test each chase card represented a distance of 5" to the next, so I let a gap of four empty spaces on the grid between each chase card
    (the distance multiplier is set to 1 and the suffix to ").

When the cards were placed in a row for a standard chase situation everything was fine,
    but I tried to test a dogfight yesterday and the distance calculation seemed to be wrong.

When I place for instance 9 cards in three horizontal rows with 3 cards each,
    the distance between the 1st card in row #1 to the 2nd card of row #2 shows 7" (should be 10")
    Furthermore the distance to the third card in row #2 is displayed as 12" instead of 15" (5"+7").

It seems, that the calculation of the range for the diagonal rows is not correct.
    I tested it in my Campaign and also in a newly created Campaign (with no extensions) but it shows the same issue.
    Before the update to 5.2.11. it showed the right distance in a dogfight situation when I tested it a few days ago.

Or do I make any mistake in my thoughts?

And another small issue - the special Ability "Invulnerability" in SWADE (FGU) has no effect coding,
    and has no effect if NPC or monster is used in the CT.

Greetings and thanks in advance
    Attached Images Attached Images

Was just setting up for the next game and noticed that Armor layering does not seem to be working as expected.

I have a character with a suit of armor (+2 to Arms, Body, Torso) and they wear a set of magical Vambraces on their Arms (+1 Arms) that grant them an ability.

Firstly, I always assumed that the Toughness value and Armor modification reflected Torso.

Secondly, the +1 from the Vambraces should be halved, rounded down before being added to the Jacket anyway.

I ran some tests, for example adding in a Bronze Helmet and it simply added the Armor Value (+3) to the current Armor Value. Adding a Chain Hood "under" the helm simply added the Chain Hood's value.

Any light on this?

I know it is easy to bypass (by zeroing armour values of non-torso armour etc) but this becomes tedious with the piecemeal armor these warriors use.

Thanks In Advance,
    D
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaTeddy View Post
    Was just setting up for the next game and noticed that Armor layering does not seem to be working as expected.

I have a character with a suit of armor (+2 to Arms, Body, Torso) and they wear a set of magical Vambraces on their Arms (+1 Arms) that grant them an ability.

Firstly, I always assumed that the Toughness value and Armor modification reflected Torso.

Secondly, the +1 from the Vambraces should be halved, rounded down before being added to the Jacket anyway.

I ran some tests, for example adding in a Bronze Helmet and it simply added the Armor Value (+3) to the current Armor Value. Adding a Chain Hood "under" the helm simply added the Chain Hood's value.

Any light on this?

I know it is easy to bypass (by zeroing armour values of non-torso armour etc) but this becomes tedious with the piecemeal armor these warriors use.

Thanks In Advance,
    D
    In upcoming 5.2.13 version I have update Armor logic to only apply (and offer) Armor to Toughness if it protects Torso (or is Power Armor). Layered armor calculation is more complex topic and is not automated. You can easily manage that manually by tweaking protection values and increasing Minimum Strength accordingly.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    Hello together,

I guess there is something wrong with the range calculation in the chase mode of SWADE in FG Unity.

In my chase test each chase card represented a distance of 5" to the next, so I let a gap of four empty spaces on the grid between each chase card

When the cards were placed in a row for a standard chase situation everything was fine,
    but I tried to test a dogfight yesterday and the distance calculation seemed to be wrong.

the distance between the 1st card in row #1 to the 2nd card of row #2 shows 7" (should be 10")
    Furthermore the distance to the third card in row #2 is displayed as 12" instead of 15" (5"+7").

It seems, that the calculation of the range for the diagonal rows is not correct.
    I tested it in my Campaign and also in a newly created Campaign (with no extensions) but it shows the same issue.
    Before the update to 5.2.11. it showed the right distance in a dogfight situation when I tested it a few days ago.

And another small issue - the special Ability "Invulnerability" in SWADE (FGU) has no effect coding,

I can reproduce this. In FGU the ruleset is using FG engine's distance calculation and it does calculate "true" distance between tokens including diagonal movement. This is not how SWADE dogfight distance works. In FGC APIs were different and I was able to calculate non-diagonal distance but that is not the case in FGU. I have requested consultation from Smiteworks and will thinker this little bit more
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Thank you for the reply. Will come up with some kind of system for the players to deal with it themselves.

D
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

Hi Ikael,

thank you for your feedback. Sadly it's like I suspected. I hope there will be a solution to this issue and look forward to it

BTW thank you for the great work on the Savage worlds ruleset.

I pulled out an old campaign and dusted it off in preparation for running it for a new group. While testing things out, I noticed that if you did not have a target specified prior to rolling a Shooting roll, that when you drag and drop the results from the chat window to either the token on the map or the correct entry on the CT that it resolves it as a melee attack v. parry rather than ranged attack. The workaround is just determining the outcome manually (not that difficult) and then having the player roll damage if successfull , but unless I'm remembering incorrectly, this worked properly in the past. For the record, dragging and dropping untargeted damage results does apply correctly and obviously melee attacks work as well, so it's just Shooting that is the exception. This is in FGC as it's an old campaign and I didn't want to bother porting it over to FGU, so I'm not sure if the same problem exists there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    I pulled out an old campaign and dusted it off in preparation for running it for a new group. While testing things out, I noticed that if you did not have a target specified prior to rolling a Shooting roll, that when you drag and drop the results from the chat window to either the token on the map or the correct entry on the CT that it resolves it as a melee attack v. parry rather than ranged attack. The workaround is just determining the outcome manually (not that difficult) and then having the player roll damage if successfull , but unless I'm remembering incorrectly, this worked properly in the past. For the record, dragging and dropping untargeted damage results does apply correctly and obviously melee attacks work as well, so it's just Shooting that is the exception. This is in FGC as it's an old campaign and I didn't want to bother porting it over to FGU, so I'm not sure if the same problem exists there or not.
    Dragging attack from chat to CT has always had its limitation because the chat result does not have all the required information. In short several calculations are not applied and Shooting vs Parry is one of them. I am waiting FGU to provide some way to host more metadata in chat to improve this.

Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    Hello together,

After short discussion with Smiteworks we were able to figure out how to solve the issue. This fix will be part of next update (planned next Tuesday).
    Attached Images Attached Images

SavageWorlds 5.2.13 beta will be available soonish in Test Mode. See the changes here.

Thread Information