STAR TREK 2d20

Using Archetypes

Hi there, I was just wondering how best to go about using archetypes. For this example, I'll stick to the Advanced Player's Guide.
    I noticed that in the 'Special Abilities' window, I can find all the archetype powers I need.
    Because the archetypes are done by replacing specific class abilities at specific levels, it's fairly easy to just manually delete & replace. I also noticed that there is an entry for the actual archetype itself (for example, the fighter archetype 'Archer'). But this doesn't seem to be something you drag & drop onto the 'Class and level' section of the character sheet - I guees it is to go in the 'Class Abilities' section of the 'abilities' tab & act as a reference to remind you of the changes for this archetype ?
    I just wanted to check really, that I'm following best practice for how to use archetypes.

Blog Entries
    Correct, only class data can be dropped onto the class section of the character sheet. The recommendation is just to drop the "main" archetype "ability" in with the rest of the abilities as a freebie mainly to quickly be able to refer to it directly from your character sheet. Then manually remove the default class abilities and replace them with the archetype abilities like you've been doing.

Cool, good to know, I think that will work well.

Thread Information