FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

5E - Ongoing Save Effects

This has been moved to DMs Guild Here

This extension adds a few kinds of effect types:

SAVEO - which is for ongoing saves, example would be something like Spirit Guardians. That Effect would look like this:

Code:
    Spirit Guardians; SAVEO: WIS DC 15 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)
    Lets break that down.
    "Spirit Guardians;" - Just a label
    "SAVEO: WIS DC 15 (M)(H);" - The SAVEO tells us to save ongoing at the start of our turn, WIS is the stat to be used for the saving throw, DC 15 is the target DC you need to match or beat with your roll. (M) means it's magic damage so that things with magic resistance would properly get their advantange. (H) means half damage on success.
    "SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant;" - The damage to be rolled after the save, in this case it would be 3d8 radiant type damage. NOTE: you can string multiples of these if you need different damage types.
    "(C)" - The person who applied this effect is concentrating on it so they'll properly roll their concentration saves if they are hit.

SAVEEND - which is for effects that you roll a save at the end of every turn in order to overcome, example would be a dragons Frightful Presence. That Effect would look like this:

Code:
    Frightful Presence; Frightened; SAVEEND: WIS DC 16
    Breaking that down:
    "Frightful Presence;" - Just a label
    "Frightened;" - Default effect baked into the ruleset
    "SAVEEND: WIS DC 16" - The SAVEEND tells us to save at the end of our turn, WIS is the stat to be used, DC 16 is the target DC you need to match or beat with your roll. On a successful save the effect will automatically expire.

Version 1.0 - All the basic features outlined in this post.
    Version 1.1 - Fixed an issue where if a SAVEO didn't have the (H) for half damage it would always apply full damage instead of no damage. Example would be sickening radiance.
    Version 1.2 - Added in parsing of NPC spells/abilities that would have saveend to automatically add it to the effects for them.https://www.dmsguild.com/product/312...ate_id=1307708
    Last edited by kentmccullough; August 20th, 2020 at 20:51.

Good Day kentmccullough
    Fantastic addition to the system! I cannot wait to try this out!!

Oh! nice! Will give it a try in FGU!
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

That's my boy! I'm his manager and i'll be accepting commissions for tasking him with my ideas lololol. I'll sure to keep pelting him with ideas so we can all benefit from his genius.

Nice one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Updated to Version 1.1
    - Fixed an issue where if a SAVEO didn't have the (H) for half damage it would always apply full damage instead of no damage. Example would be sickening radiance.

Not sure how I missed this one, but this seems like an awesome extension! Will check it out this weekend.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Is this FGC or FGU compatible. Perhaps both?

EDIT: I can confirm that it works for FGC.
    This works I added the movement halved just as a note hopefully to help remember it.
    Spirit Guardians; SAVEO: WIS DC 14 (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C) : Movement halved

I think(unless I missed something) you have to adjust the *d8 dice number and damage type depending on PC alignment/spell cast level. I really like the automation though. If the PC plans ahead they can adjust the *d8 dice number ahead of their turn.

Thank you for this extension it really is nice.
    Last edited by Beemanpat; May 2nd, 2020 at 13:33.

Looking good
    I'll point my DM in the direction of this one, good job.

Cheers, Steve

@Beemanpat yes you'd have to adjust the number of d8 if upcasting, or to necrotic if you're evil cleric. This also can work for any spell with ongoing saves though, like sickening radiance and the like, not just spirit guardians.

Thread Information