FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Hopefully i should have C4 submitted for Q&A next week.
    Gaming since '93 - DMing since '05 - Ultimate License holder
    Games willing to run:
    Savage Worlds
    3.5e DnD
    5e DnD
    Castles and Crusades

Quote Originally Posted by vainazzo View Post
    Hopefully i should have C4 submitted for Q&A next week.
    Awesome!

is the adventurers backpack still coming?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    is the adventurers backpack still coming?
    Apparently not, but one holds out hope.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Yeah, apparently the guy working on this stuff quit, or at least is no longer working on it. According to some folks in the Troll's Discord channel, they are looking for someone to work on this, as well as an improved or rebuilt ruleset and updating the mods. It would be nice for this system to get some love over here. C abd C is still my favorite system to play. Take my money!
    Fan of Castles and Crusades/Savage Worlds, just about any rpgs.

I am in Eastern time zone and am fairly open most play times, but do prefer Evening or late night games.

Blog Entries
    I'm on 'summer break' from coding anything in FG, which I do every year to avoid burning out and to avoid spending the entire summer locked indoors rather than being outside getting some sun and fresh air. In the meantime a big change in all the TLG products has happened and I basically feel like I was kicked to the curb. I did receive permission from SmiteWorks to complete ABP as my final C&C product since I had started it waaaay before any of this stuff occurred, but before finishing it up I'll probably find a way to check with the TLG folks and make sure that's kosher.

Hi Talyn,
    My impression from the Troll Lord discord is a misunderstanding about why you had suspended work over the summer. Then various rumors began to fill in the misunderstanding or simply the lack of knowledge of why you weren't around over the summer months. At the same time the Trolls have finally realized how behind they are in every VTT and are scrambling to play catch up. I hope you and the Trolls and Smiteworks can work this out, because what I know of your work shows it to be excellent, and you are so close to finishing the ABP. Due to my interactions with the Trolls over the years, I also think they are basically a good set of guys, and I'm hopeful once they understand your point of view, things can get worked out. I'm a fan of your work and theirs and hope to see more C&C on FG asap!

He’s been working on it for three years. Took last summer off too.

It’s being actively worked on by someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by dachda View Post
    Hi Talyn,
    My impression from the Troll Lord discord is a misunderstanding about why you had suspended work over the summer. Then various rumors began to fill in the misunderstanding or simply the lack of knowledge of why you weren't around over the summer months. At the same time the Trolls have finally realized how behind they are in every VTT and are scrambling to play catch up. I hope you and the Trolls and Smiteworks can work this out, because what I know of your work shows it to be excellent, and you are so close to finishing the ABP. Due to my interactions with the Trolls over the years, I also think they are basically a good set of guys, and I'm hopeful once they understand your point of view, things can get worked out. I'm a fan of your work and theirs and hope to see more C&C on FG asap!

Quote Originally Posted by scottgeg View Post
    He’s been working on it for three years. Took last summer off too.

It’s being actively worked on by someone else.
    Ah. Well my hopes Talyn and the Trolls can still work together in future still holds. Thanks for the update.

Blog Entries
    Yes, the Trolls are awesome guys, that's primarily why I stuck around on C&C and joined their ranks of editors.

Anyway, without going into details and dirty laundry that has no business being aired in a public forum, TLG just confirmed that no one else has been assigned to ABP, no one is working on it. My local copy is 90-something percent finished -- everything is done except for the remainder of the actual backpacks which have to be hand-coded so that they will automatically unpack into the character inventory when dropped -- and TLG would like me to complete the project. There is some minor Lua scripting that I would like to add for this but that's purely a "would be nice" not something that's required.

Thread Information