STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by russ143 View Post
    Lol. It took me a while to figure it out myself.

It might be useful for some other fantasy grounds product. Feel free to use in any way that helps the community or fantasy grounds itself. I didn't create anything original - I just spent some time organizing stuff that already existed for a format of play that I enjoy.
    Well all text needs references to where it comes from (just like when you do your degree etc). Any text found on the internet even if someone else has shared it doesn't mean it's not copyright, and that's a very sticky point, it's why the moderator said that you need to add a comment providing proof it's free information (and being on a Wiki doesn't mean that) or you have copyright approval (which is what I had to do to convert Mongoose Traveller).

But it's a nice little personal mod so feel free to use it yourself in your games. If at any point you can prove the above then it should be cool to use.

Also as I keep saying, I'm only allowed to add content produced by Mongoose so community things are ace.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi All,

I've chatted with Matt on this (as he doesn't understand how to install modules into FG - I think!).

He's said in this case the answer will be No with regards to the Mongoose material in there, but we will look into what material can be shared.

Feel free to use it privately.

Cheers,
    MBM
    You need to run an intro session for Matt and some of their writers to familiarize them with FG, its capabilities and how things work. Get them hooked and coming back for more then you can be the official VTT Referee for Mongoose Publishing as well as official VTT developer.

I don't want to monetize the module so going through it to establish where all the points come from is probably too excessive for my taste or uses.

I would suggest teaching the mongoose staff how traveller is played on Fantasy Grounds. On line play is the future of role playing gaming because - it's more easily accessed by far flung people, it's far more interactive, and it's easier to focus on play as opposed to obscure mechanics.

I would like to see Traveller be part of that future as it gets bigger. Not as something old up dated, but a treasure for all time; because its depth of content.

Hello,

I am making a mafioso career. Can I use the generic injury table and life events table in it or does that violate the copyright?

hay anyone built a .json importer so we can pull data from Traveller Worlds (https://members.ozemail.com.au/~jono...avellerWorlds/) directly into FGU and MbM's 1.2.1 Systems format?

Right now i am building out the systems in our PoD campaign and love the detail that Traveller Worlds provides + the nice system & world maps it generates however i have to past the images and data into the Systems entries manually.

A .json importer that puts the data in the right place would be very helpful.

Note: the data from Traveller Worlds does not seem to overlap with the current data stores in the System records in 1.2.1 which focus on the high level info (main planet UWP info primarily + some setting lore).

Quote Originally Posted by russ143 View Post
    Hello,

I am making a mafioso career. Can I use the generic injury table and life events table in it or does that violate the copyright?
    Hi Russ143,

All you need to do is to link those tables, not copy them, ie drag them into your entry, so if you export that it will export the link, meaning that the person using the module will have the table (assuming they have the Core Rulebook/Players Reference - depends which, depends on what you dragged from originally).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    hay anyone built a .json importer so we can pull data from Traveller Worlds (https://members.ozemail.com.au/~jono...avellerWorlds/) directly into FGU and MbM's 1.2.1 Systems format?

Right now i am building out the systems in our PoD campaign and love the detail that Traveller Worlds provides + the nice system & world maps it generates however i have to past the images and data into the Systems entries manually.

A .json importer that puts the data in the right place would be very helpful.

Note: the data from Traveller Worlds does not seem to overlap with the current data stores in the System records in 1.2.1 which focus on the high level info (main planet UWP info primarily + some setting lore).
    Hi Chap,

I don't have the time myself, though it's very detailed that JSON isn't it.

I wish you well trying to get this done, I could write a convertor from JSON to an FG Module - just don't have the time right at the moment, feeling drained after so much focus on the upcoming CoreRPG work. Come chat with me in a couple of weeks.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Russ143,

All you need to do is to link those tables, not copy them, ie drag them into your entry, so if you export that it will export the link, meaning that the person using the module will have the table (assuming they have the Core Rulebook/Players Reference - depends which, depends on what you dragged from originally).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Perfect

np at all Mbm. stay on target!

I'm going to poke one of the programmer's at my table to see if he wants to build an importer for the travellerworlds .json output.

Any tips on where to point him to start reading up on how to?

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    np at all Mbm. stay on target!

I'm going to poke one of the programmer's at my table to see if he wants to build an importer for the travellerworlds .json output.

Any tips on where to point him to start reading up on how to?

cheers!
    Download the code for the system/worlds generator that I wrote, in there you have the info on how to build an FG module, you'll also see the 'field names' for the various data, all you need to do is change the source of the data.

That's what I would do, I'm still working (only now and again) on a front-end for my app, and I have plans to add more and more apps.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information