FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Thread: NPC Module

NPC Module

Hi.

I have been waiting for the equipment update for 1.1 and the NPC update in 1.0.3 to start this project. Now that both updates are out I have been (slowly) building an NPC module. My efforts at the moment have been centered around security guards but as time goes on I'll add a few more here and there and update the module.

NPCs are equipment light. I have given them all armor and weapons that seem appropriate and some of them have some equipment here and there, but my thinking is that often it is unneeded and if it is you can add what you like.

The module is read-only so in order to make a change you will need to create a separate entry. I did this to ensure that when I update the module you don't lose any custom changes.

I'm always open to suggestions. I struggled with the naming convention and eventually settled on what is in the module. The entries are a little wordy but I wanted to clearly define the basic function in a clear fashion.

Hope you find it useful.

Note: The content within is custom data not taken from any other source and can be used however you like.

EDIT (04/20/2020): Added some pirates to the mix using the Pirates of Drinax crew section as a guideline.
    EDIT (04/27/2020): Added some Navy to the module using Element Cruiser crew generation rules.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by esmdev; April 27th, 2020 at 18:11. Reason: Updating module

Brilliant stuff!

I don't know about others, but I'm always in need for NPCs just when I don't have any to hand. Starport/Spaceport security are always welcome.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

So I saw in my screenshot that I had a couple of errors with the NPC in the screenshot. I am planning to update the module on Tuesday so that will be fixed. It should be limited to that one NPC. The corrections if you want to use before that would be to add the attack roll values and remove the G in front of Melee (natural). As you would use the attack from the weapon, the G shouldn't impact anything but it shouldn't be there.

Excellent thanks,
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    So I saw in my screenshot that I had a couple of errors with the NPC in the screenshot. I am planning to update the module on Tuesday so that will be fixed. It should be limited to that one NPC. The corrections if you want to use before that would be to add the attack roll values and remove the G in front of Melee (natural). As you would use the attack from the weapon, the G shouldn't impact anything but it shouldn't be there.
    Don't know if this is something you detected but I found that these NPCs cannot be unlocked and are readonly. I can copy those and duplicate to modify but don't know if it was intended that way versus other NPCs inside modules that allow opening lock and edit. It would help to add Tokens for example.
    Also I attach a capture so you can see that Skills and Equipment look different and they seem fixed with no edit. Hope it helps!

NPC.jpg

Yes it is working as intended. The reason I did this was because it is my intention to re-release the modules periodically when I add more NPCs to it. This way it avoids me overwriting your data with my data. When you create a copy it incorporated into your campaign and any updates that I make won't overwrite it.

Yes it is working as intended. The reason I did this was because it is my intention to re-release the modules periodically when I add more NPCs to it. This way it avoids me overwriting your data with my data. When you create a copy it incorporated into your campaign and any updates that I make won't overwrite it.
    Perfect. Makes a lot of sense. There is some graphical glitch with Skills as they seem to move inside the line separator?

Can you post an image of Grr'en Pride? That way we can compare the image that I posted above with what you are seeing. Might be helpful to MBM as my module is only data that the ruleset outputs.

Can you post an image of Grr'en Pride? That way we can compare the image that I posted above with what you are seeing. Might be helpful to MBM as my module is only data that the ruleset outputs.
    Yes... but that one looks Ok no issues. I think it has to do if NPC do not include Traits then it goes inside the line.

NPC2.jpg

Thread Information