DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 26 First 1234513 ... Last
    What OS were you using? Can you send a screen shot of FGU within the task manager?

Quote Originally Posted by qdwag View Post
    What OS were you using? Can you send a screen shot of FGU within the task manager?
    I'm running MacOS 10.15.

I'll grab some screenshots next time I have it running.

I have had similarly results its running much more smoothly, my fan will start to turn when I open up images or new windows, but it doesn't seem that bad as it used to be.

You're right, it's slightly better. But as I am typing this, FG is sitting in the background taking up 47% of my CPU for no reason at all. It's being incredibly hungry for CPU bandwidth that could be used on my other apps.

FG Classic is like butter. Can't wait for the day FGU gets that optimisation.

I've been running FGU for about 3 hours today and have been actively configuring a campaign. Last week I would've had fans blaring, but as I said, last nights game, and today's configuration have had no issues. I realize my desktop is probably beefier than most with a Xeon processor, but you can see from the following CPU graph that the cores have essentially been idle.

fg3.png

I just loaded a 800pixel map and a 2 tokens. No player connections, hosted on LAN.

My Macbook pro fans took off after a minute and look what happened to my CPU. This is crazy. Note: It's been 10 minutes so far and the CPU bandwidth has stayed locked at that point.

Check out this screenshot of my Activity Monitor

Yes the new update kind of worsened things a little, were just going to have to be patient. I'm thinking early June that the most rough edges will be smoothed out.

Today, FGU hit a new record high. 185% CPU. Fans on my Macbook Pro sound like a jet engine.

Have a look at this screenshot

What I did different this time was turn on wall building on a 1000x1000 px map. That's all it took and the CPU is sitting constantly at that % even when FG is in the background.

I consistently see my cpu nearing 100% as well as ram usage around 4Gb and sometimes I'll open assets and it will shoot up to 8-9Gb. There are some serious performance issues happening with FGU, as someone else said, FGC for me ran smooth on the same laptop (aside from the port forwarding problems I had with it) Also, I don't know why this was mentioned, but my laptop always uses my nvidia GPU for FGU.

Radeon Vega gpu on my Macbook Pro.

FGC is definitely smooth as butter, but I guess it doesn't have all this other LOS functionality. I'd rather sacrifice the LOS functionality for now for smoother FGU performance. I can't install FGC on my Catalina OS.

Thread Information