STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Noob question

Noob question

Hi, FG has been recommended; Im considering ST a V5 group but wanted to be sure before I make the plunge; does FGU ultimate support video chat/split screen?

For any ST's what has been your experience running V5 (or VtM any edition) using FG?

With thanks!

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jos4A2 View Post
    For any ST's what has been your experience running V5 (or VtM any edition) using FG?
    Fantasy Grounds kinda feels like cheating to me----->

*The V5 ruleset keeps everything you need easily accessible and just a click away. Instead of flipping back and forth in the book, or searching a PDF, pretty much everything has a quick link to it's description.
    *You can preset the difficulty of any roll before the player attempts anything, making it even easier to see roll results. FG keeps track of everything: including critical failures and successes using the V5 dice.
    *Like all rulesets, sharing of maps/images is a breeze, and you can see at a glance what you have already shared.

Even after we can meet up in person again, I am still going to be using fantasy grounds in all of my games. IMHO-best RPG investment I could have made!!!

If you have any specific questions, ask away.

Heres another tip for you that you may or may not already be aware of.

Use the shortcut bar.

That bar at the bottom of your screen is setup for you to drag things there, and then fire them off with the quick touch of a Function key... F-1 through F-12. You can drag the icons down there, you can tick a check box on a skill and then drag the attribute down there to form the pool properly. You can put your Rouse button down there, and also the next button from the Combat Tracker. Very powerful.

But to add to that, you can drag link sections from the PDF down there also. Now with this, you can;t just hit the Function key, you have to click on it. But this gives you easily accessible clickable links at the bottom of your screen.

12 not enough? You can hold Shift to get a new set... ALT for another set.... CTRL for a third... Shift+Alt for a fourth... etc......96 total quick slots I believe.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Quote Originally Posted by Jos4A2 View Post
    With thanks!
    I'm currently running a weekly game of VTM V5 with FGU, overall its a good and useful product, some of the issues I have run into....

VTM V5
    -Updates have been slow as the author s busy with real life, so a lot of issues are still there after a month, such as not being able to resize character sheets, no symbol for Protean in the disciplines tab (You can find it elsewhere)
    -I dont think the combat tracker is working

FGU
    -The software is still being finialised and updated, had an issue last week where the servers went down, we reconnected but one player couldnt join no matter what we tried
    -The servers do go down every now and then

Those are just a few issues as im on a laptop and the keyboard is slow and annoying me

Overall, I do not regret getting FGU and VTM V5, its all a bit janky at the moment but it is workable and useful rule set

To be far isn't FGU in beta?

I currently run in classic and love the ruleset. I also love the way FG allows me to hyperlink stories and notes. For my character I write notes about several things he would know and being able to have links to other notes so I can keep them organized is a plus.

As a GM it allows me to write dialogue, link SPCs and more making running my adventure much easier. on top of that I can link disciplines rituals and the like for instantaneous look up of mechanics. Really love this ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwulfe View Post
    To be far isn't FGU in beta?
    Indeed, but it is something to be aware of if you plan to run a game with it, sadly I cannot use classic due to port issues.

Thread Information