DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help finding module files

Hi all,

I'm trying to ad some new races and professions for RMC, but I can't find the Rolemaster .mod files. If I create a new campaign, I can access the contents of the Character Law, Arms Law, Spell Law modules, but there is no sign of the .mod files (like RMCCharacterLaw.mod) in the modules folder. Has anybody else had this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    The Rolemaster files are in vault, therefore encrypted and unreadable. DGA80.dat and DGA80-data.dat are the associated files.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    The Rolemaster files are in vault, therefore encrypted and unreadable. DGA80.dat and DGA80-data.dat are the associated files.
    Thanks Mortar. Does that mean that there is no possibility of extending the races and professions? Is there any other way?

Blog Entries
    You can use the UI to create any new races/professions you want to, or alter any of the ones included in any of the RM material available. Then export all your work as a module that way you'll have it for any campaign you want to include them.
    Ultimate License Holder

Hi Tulgas,

As Mortar says the files are in the vault now so not directly accessible.

With v2.0 in the test channel it is easy to create races directly in FG. Just go to the Library and turn on the Races sidebar button. Open it up, add a new race and fill in all the fields. You can use an existing race as an example. It will work in the existing campaign or you can export it to a module and use it in another campaign.

You can create professions that way but it won't have the skill costs setup. It is something that I plan on adding in the future so it can be done in the ruleset. Right now you can still do it using XML. There is a sample module with the No Profession profession in thihttps://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ght=profession

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Thank you very much for your replies. I am usign v.1.8, so I guess things aren't that straight forward. Do you recommend to switch to v.2? I don'r even know how to get it. Is it a different ruleset? I've no problem editing XML files but I only find bits and pieces here and there. I suppose, having the xml files from the CharacterLaw module would help but they are not accessible any more... In any case, I guess there's enough information in the forum to keep me going.

Cheers!

RMC v2.0 works pretty good so far. I am cleaning up the last few bugs but most of them are resolved in the current test version. If you want to try it, in FGC click on the Settings button and change the Mode to Test. To try it, in FGU click on the Settings button and on the Advanced tab there is a Build Channel that you can select Test from the drop down.

Also feel free to ask questions if you have them.
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

I will most definitely give it a try. Thanks a lot!

I got the linked no profession mod working for including extra professions, thanks for the example. Is there a similar example mod for adding extra spells?

James
    The owls are not what they seem

Thread Information